J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
CTC Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and “other” Corporate businesses (Firm-wide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the Firm-wide CRO and is responsible for the firmwide Liquidity Risk framework as well as the end to end risk framework within the CTC LOBs; including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Structural Interest Rate Risk, Reputation Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC seeks to hire a risk professional to join its independent Liquidity Risk Oversight (LRO) function focusing on the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) line of business. The Liquidity Risk Oversight group partners with other internal risk groups, Corporate Treasury, LOB Treasury groups and senior management to inform funding strategies through normal and stress market environments. LRO is also a primary resource for external regulators for discussions and analysis of liquidity risk.
The role provides a unique opportunity to understand and work with firmwide and legal entity risk measures as well as in-depth product analysis across a variety of sectors and encompasses report and metric development, product level stress assumption analysis, policy and framework design, scenario analysis and regulatory liquidity risk measure (eg LCR / NSFR) analysis and implementation.
The nature of the position also offers significant opportunities to create a broad personal network across J.P. Morgan and visibility to senior management.
- · Provide independent oversight on adherence to the liquidity risk framework for the CIB
- Work with Treasury, CIB and relevant risk groups to develop and maintain the risk governance framework including policy review, limit monitoring, standards and best practices
- Develop key risk analytic reports for senior management, business partners, risk committees and regulators
- Develop proposals for liquidity risk monitoring, metrics and stress tests.
- Provide independent review and detailed analysis of regulatory and internal stress scenarios and ad hoc requests, including analytical review of key market and behavioral assumptions
- Present and justify assumptions and findings to senior management governance forums
- Provide liquidity stress analysis and reporting around stressed capital impacts, LOB views, legal entity views, currency views and structural liquidity views
- Support the development and build-out of the liquidity risk management process and infrastructure
- Interact and partner with the CIB and corporate functions to understand, analyze and develop proposals regarding potential liquidity risk implications at a granular and holistic level
- Deal with regulatory requests regarding liquidity risk
3+ years experience in:
Knowledge / experience in secured funding, derivatives or prime brokerage preferred
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and deliver results under tight time constraints
Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively across different businesses and functional areas
Education: Masters in science / mathematics / finance