JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Looking for DevOps Engineer to provide strategic direction on and execute infrastructure, security, continuous integration, deployment, and IT operations practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running day-to-day operations of production and development process , tools for Chase Digital Platform.
If you possess a “can do” attitude, are driven by research, problem solving, and thrive on challenges, we want to speak with you. The successful candidate enjoys continuing improvement of communication skills, understanding of the domain, in which the digital platform is being written, and crucially, a sensitive and passion for the underlying business and for ensuring it succeeds. You’ll apply your past experience with all aspects of technical operations to develop an innovative approach to simplify and streamline processes to increase system scalability and reliability, improve efficiency and minimize errors. You’ll work closely with Development and QA teams to provide continuous improvement of existing features and rollout of new services, ensuring high availability of our platform. You’re comfortable with infrastructure and configuration, but happy to roll up your sleeves, with tests, debug and rollout new releases.
The candidate will specifically work to manage and execute software release builds and deployments for both Java and Java Script applications running on Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, IIS App and Web Servers. Given the wide range of applications supported by DIGITAL group, the candidate will also be expected to execute database updates on different platforms. These deployments will span Development, Certification, QA, Performance and Production environments. Development in the DIGITAL group takes place in Columbus, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and India during all hours of the day. As such the candidate will be providing 24 hour daily technical support to all development teams. The candidate is expected to work closely with the development teams who manage UI, middleware, and back-end code. The candidate is also expected provide some extent of Subversion, GIT/Stash support for all different code sets across the DIGITAL group. Experience in build automation using Shell, ANT, Maven, Gulp, Bamboo, Jenkins and Perl is a must. Candidate must have through understanding of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and release process and best practices. This position will report to a DevOps Lead, who will coordinate with various teams in DIGITAL group to execute on the delivery approach to meet multiple concurrent project delivery needs
Development exposure to .NET and Java technologies. Experience with Ant, Maven, nAnt, BuildForge and Perl for script automation. Knowledge base on Tomcat, Websphere Application Servers. Experience with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Jira, confluence. Experience with Db2, Oracle and SQL databases preferred. Strong Linux and Windows.
- For on boarding exiting application, performing Knowledge transition from Development team to SCM team on build and deployment process.
- For New applications, work with development to get the requirements of application build and deployment process.
- Once the process KT is complete from development team, build engineer role is to write build and deployment scripts according to SCM team standards and processes to IST, QA , Performance and Production Environments.
- After complete of the scripts development and process setup, build engineer role is expected to execute the builds and deployments to all above environments based on weekly scheduled build calendar.
- Build engineer is required to perform smoke/sanity tests for the applications deployed and also troubleshoot the application for the issues that arise as part of the smoke test process.
- Build engineer is expected to learn the architecture of all the applications to help trouble shoot any issues for each applications.
- Build engineer need to periodically analyze the hardware and software capacities of build infrastructure and provide appropriate recommendation to the Management team for improvements and immediate attention.
- Build Engineer is required to be proficient in Ant, Shell and Per Scripting. Should be familiar with Code Management Tools like Clearcase. SCM Process regarding Build, Release and Source Code Management.