Corporate Client Banking Risk Management is seeking an Underwriting Associate to cover the Corporate Client Banking Entertainment Group, with a primary focus on working with clients in the film, television, digital media and music industries. The Entertainment Group client base relies heavily on highly-structured syndicated loans, and utilizes other investment-banking products and traditional banking services.
The Underwriting Associate is tasked with partnering with Senior Underwriters who, together, are the primary credit risk managers for Corporate Client Banking Entertainment clients and transactions. The Underwriting Associate works in partnership with Senior Underwriters, banking, syndications, and other product partners to analyze, structure, risk grade, document, and approve credit exposures resulting from loans and other commercial banking products. The Underwriting Associate will be an instrumental member of the Risk Management team that will drive deal documentation and execution and is also responsible for the on-going monitoring and risk management of an assigned portfolio of credits. The Underwriting Associate is required to develop a broad and deep understanding of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by customers in his/her assigned portfolio.
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
Transaction Risk Assessment
· The Underwriting Associate will evaluate key risk factors related to a specific transaction.
· Develop a well-informed and balanced view of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by a company, sector, and industry.
· Participate in customer due diligence calls.
· Attend client/bank meetings to develop a better understanding of the company and assess management.
· Formulate financial models that incorporate the impact of his/her forward-looking risk assessment on key value drivers.
· Work with Senior Underwriters to develop and recommend appropriate credit structures relative to the risk assessment.
· Coordinate with bankers and loan operations across tight closing deadlines to ensure all credit related documentation is finalized and delivered.
Support the Credit Approval Process
· The Underwriting Associate will work with Senior Underwriters to ensure all credit exposures are approved at the appropriate level.
· Prepare credit approval write-ups, present and recommend credits for approval at the appropriate level.
· Analyze covenants and other key terms as part of the deal team.
· Review legal documentation to ensure terms are appropriate and consistent with credit approval.
On-going Portfolio Management
· The Underwriting Associate is responsible for the continuous risk assessment of each customer in his/her assigned portfolio.
· Ensure risk ratings are accurate and reflect current forward-looking view of the customer including early identification of deteriorating credits.
· Identify and communicate material changes in credit performance and outlook.
· Evaluate and distribute client financial and compliance reporting (borrowing bases, financial statements, etc.).
· Work in tandem with bankers to address questions from syndicate members regarding financial and compliance reporting and credit-focused inquires.
· Assist in reviewing, documenting and approving on-going collateral additions.
· Analyze, prepare, present for approval, and document all required waivers, amendments and extensions.
· Prepare and present semi-annual portfolio review material to senior management.
· Outstanding organizational and project management skills to balance portfolio management and deal execution responsibilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills to collaborate with teammates, bankers, product partners, senior management, and clients
· Strong work ethic with an ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
· Strong credit, documentation, and transaction experience a plus
· Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modeling skills
· Entertainment industry experience a plus
· Knowledge of credit, JPMC, and similar bank policies
· BA/BS degree required
· Typically 3-5 years of Commercial / Corporate banking/lending experience including credit, structuring and marketing experience
· Completion of a major corporate bank credit/analyst training program or equivalent experience
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.