About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Scope of the Role:
Korea SCBM office is seeking a VP, based in Korea, to support Korea SCBM. The role will involve extensive interaction with senior management and their immediate directs in all LOBs and significant exposure to all support and control functions such as infrastructure teams (Operations, Technology, GRE/GBDS/GS&I), Finance, LCO, BCO, BM, Compliance, etc. to deliver upon the requirements of SCBM. . The role will work particularly closely with senior management in Banking LOB to support strategy and planning of Korea Banking business and its new product, client coverage and projects. The role will report into Korea SCBM.
§ Country Governance and Strategy:
- Support SCBM in location governance
- Support SCBM for country strategy/planning/project
- Handling cross line of business tasks
§ Support Banking LOB
- Lead Medium and Long Term strategy/planning for the country Banking
- Support Banking LOB in exploring new client groups, client selection prioritization, client coverage
- Support Banking LOB in cross- sell efforts
- Close coordination with regional Banking Business Managers
§ Manage business risks and support the control environment:
- Support SCBM in addressing risk and control agenda in coordination with Location Control Officer: Outsourcing governance, FATCA/CRS, NBIA, resiliency, etc.Support SCBM in AML governance, risk and control agenda
Experience / Skills Required
- Preferred 10+ year experience in a related functions: Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Business Management, Finance, Operations, Middle Office, Risk Management, Strategy
- Knowledge and experience could include but not be limited to:
- Good understanding of Korea financial markets and products
- Understanding of banking business and front-to-back work flow
- Basic understanding of Finance and Operations
- Understanding of Operational Risk framework.
- Understanding of legal, compliance and regulatory requirements for financial institutions
§ Core Skills Required
- High ethical standards and strong control mindset
- Excellent communication skills with strong English fluency (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Korean financial markets and financial products
- Ability to work with details while not sacrificing the overall big picture
- Ability to identify and implement best-practice operations and solutions
- Team-orientated, with the ability to fit into a small, focused and highly successful management team
- Ability to forge strong internal relationships across a broad range of levels and functions
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence
- Passion in striving for business excellence
- Highly motivated with excellent time management & prioritization skills
- Ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Presents well to seniors and business heads
- Energetic and dynamic in style
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Power point, Outlook, Word)
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.