The role is to join the Business Control Office for the EMEA Sales & Marketing business. This is a team of skilled change, risk and controls experts who are responsible for managing the end to end control environment spanning all of the primary functions from business execution, credit risk, market risk, model risk, VCG, Operations and through to Finance. The EMEA Sales & Marketing BCO team is part of a wider Markets BCO team which now reports into the Markets CFO as well as the Oversight and Control office.
The BCO role is a key role for the business in the current environment and to meet the increasing demands from the business the role has continued to evolve. The focus of the role is now on ownership, enhancement and execution of the controls and is becoming more closely aligned with the business management function. As the role continues to grow in importance it will continue to evolve and the successful candidate will have a key role to play in defining changes to the role going forwards.
The Business Control Officers focus will be:
Key responsibilities include
The business control officer will interact with multiple line and corporate functions and need to be able to work effectively with senior executives of the firm. The individual will need to establish very strong relationships with the Sales & Marketing business and develop a deep understanding of the business, its control challenges, the architecture and products.
The candidate should be interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives and becoming involved in a diverse set of issues that will have a direct impact on the organization.
· Understanding of products and markets
· Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership
· Good organizational skills - manages & prioritizes multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines
· Understanding of the end to end product life cycle
· Investigative mindset, able to see issues at both a high-level and in detail.
· A good understanding of controls and how to apply them to different processes and businesses
· Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering skills
· Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing skill
· Previous experience in Business Management would be helpful
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.