The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Workforce Technology (WT) is the central steward for the design, build, and asset management of the firm's Human Capital technology across all lines of business and global regions. In partnership with our HR business partners and service providers we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - JP Morgan employees. Workforce Technology provides technology support for staffing and on-boarding, employee records, payroll, talent management, compensation, benefits, learning, employee and manager service, workforce planning and analytics, and back office call center operations.
Workforce Technology manages a diverse portfolio which includes Core HR functions, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management, advanced analytics, planning systems and information management.
2017 priorities for Workforce Technology include modernizing the reporting and analytics platform, and providing the capability to integrate, process and analyze large amounts of semi-structured and unstructured data in an efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will possess strong design & development skills in data warehousing and related technologies, first-hand experience working on Hadoop based big data platforms, experience applying executive leadership to large scale big data environment build out.
This role is for a data engineer position responsible to work across Workforce Technology, the HR business and infrastructure teams to help design, build, configure and manage the next generation data & analytics platform for HR.
Knowledge of various Data Architecture options including ODS, Data Lake, Data Warehousing, OLTP, Data Vault and OLAP and their application
Strong knowledge of Data Management technologies including Oracle, Hadoop, Cassandra, Informatica, Pentaho, Talend, SOLR/Lucene, nifi.
Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modelling (preferably with UML) or use of alternative Data Modelling tools such as Erwin, Power Designer and MagicDraw
Experience of identifying and architecting alternative data integration patterns to support the requirements
Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modelling
Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with all Risk, Architecture, and other relevant firm guidelines
Work with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
Establish and maintain effective working relationships across contributing teams, various LOB’s, senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, and vendors
Act as a communication channel for ongoing program management status and issues, and setting business expectations.
Proactively work with Project Managers identifying and resolving issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of programs or projects
Coordinate testing and implementation across all environments and testing teams
Experience managing capacity planning, production assurance, and coordinated testing
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience in information management, ETL & Business Intelligence
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases, Map-reduce/Hadoop, and NoSQL databases
- Hadoop Certified Developer or equivalent experience
- Experience working with SQL/Hive, Pig, and Spark
- HDFS and Hadoop Ecosystem knowledge; hands-on experience integrating relational database and NoSQL store; Spark development is a plus;
- Experience with HIVE with understanding of Map Reduce; Impala is a big plus
- Strong working knowledge of Agile tools & practice such as, Confluence, JIRA, Build & Test Automation, SharePoint, code quality standards through unit-tests; continuous integration; automated deployment & test
- Experience and working knowledge of Technology Infrastructure systems and solutions including Big Data Platforms (Hadoop/Spark), Unix, Linux, Windows, Backup, Replication,
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Java and/or Python preferred)
- Knowledge of XML (e.g., DTDs, XSDs, XSLT etc) , Messaging systems (e.g., Oracle JMS, QPID, ActiveMQ etc) and SQL
- Experience with UNIX and LINUX operating systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast moving environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work with team across global locations
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Understanding of Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA,
Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work,
is a plus but not required.