Chase Middle Market Banking and Specialized Industries is part of JP Morgan Chase and Co. Commercial Banking and focuses primarily on companies with annual sales of $20 million up to $500 million. Chase's Middle Market Banking footprint covers 23,000 + clients nationwide with more than 600 bankers in 26 states [update]. Chase Middle Market Banking is among the top tier of Middle Market lenders in the country.
The Credit Risk Director will be responsible for leading and managing a team of 4-5 underwriters for the Agribusiness Group within Specialized Industries and managing credit exposures associated with dozens of clients nationally. The candidate must be able to perform in a demanding, complex, and highly visible environment. The successful candidate must possess excellent managerial skills and must be a proven team player capable of training and developing underwriting talent.
This position will be a senior level position that will be focused full time on credit structuring, review and approval. Individuals at this level must be capable of fully independent activity with the primary responsibility of approving credit and guiding the activities of underwriters. The candidate is involved with underwriting commitments for large and complex relationships working collaboratively with a large number of bankers. Additionally, the candidate will implement the policies and procedures of the JPMC Risk organization and will ensure they are being adhered to on an ongoing basis. The Credit Risk Director’s decisions have a major impact on portfolio quality. He or she will be expected to interact effectively with clients at any management level and assess management quality.
· BA/BBA/ MBA and completion of a major corporate bank credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking / corporate finance experience)
· Typically have 10 -15yrs in banking and lending experience which includes credit, structuring and business development.
· Deep knowledge of Agribusiness sector and the influences that impact companies in the various sub sectors of that industry is preferred.
· Proven leadership skills. Able to recruit, manage, and motivate a team of underwriters who are at varying levels of development.
· Possess outstanding analytical and corporate finance skills in order to underwrite and guide the structuring of complex and/or challenging credits.
· Institutional credibility within JPMC's Risk organization and with other leaders in Chase Middle Market Banking is a plus.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.