JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Compliance Analytics Group is responsible for statistical and data analytic efforts to improve the scale and performance of JPMC’s regulatory controls relating to Anti Money Laundering (AML), Trade Surveillance, Sanctions Screening, Know Your Customer (KYC), Client Due Diligence (CDD) and other forms of financial crimes monitoring.
The Group plays a global role, engaging with major stakeholders in all of JPMC’s lines of business and countries of operation, including Business Compliance, Operations, Model Review and Technology. We also interact with regulators and industry peers.
Our work includes developing statistical models to identify suspicious and high risk activity across JPMC’s highly diverse customer base. This is a fast developing space and requires a combination of analytical creativity, mathematical and statistical skills, and analytical execution experience on large datasets.
We are seeking a highly qualified Vice President level candidate with skills in the area of Natural Language Processing, who can play a key role in our development of tools and analytics for several name-screening activities run by the bank.
Major responsibilities and skills include:
- Contributing to effective quantitative problem solving and analytical research and delivery for projects: This requires:
- a deep understanding of statistical & data analytical techniques and several years’ experience that has built intuition about experimentation, and empirical work
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data from multiple sources, and create meaningful, clear output.
- Adherence to a standardized analysis/project methodology capturing: business rationale; initiative scoping and analysis; prioritization; requirements gathering; design/build; design/code review; testing and validation; implementation; and continuous improvement
- Documentation of all analysis in an organized, clear manner
- Willingness to contribute ideas / fixes to projects that are not directly assigned to the individual but are the responsibility of other colleagues
- Engaging a group of senior leaders in the US to drive decisions for JPMC Corporate Compliance; critical skills are:
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to summarize complex ideas (including technical/statistical ideas) in business-friendly language
- Ability to translate business themes into quantitative / analytical action items
- Building effective partnerships with key stakeholders within and outside QRA; these include: Technology teams that run Mantas and other platforms, Compliance and Operations management, Model Review, QRA colleagues in Singapore and elsewhere in the US.
- Over time, develop expertise in JPMC products, services and clients, and become a subject matter expert in multiple Compliance-related domains. Know the relevant corporate systems and data sources and where/how to gather customer and transaction data.
Masters or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related field, with coursework in Computational Linguistics or Natural Language Processing, and a strong background in statistics
- Minimum 5-8 years experience, of which 3+ years experience with statistical tools (e.g., SAS, Python, STATA, SPSS, R) and data mining tools (e.g., Business Objects, SAS Enterprise Miner, Brio) and applying them to business decisions
- Excellent relationship management, organizational, and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical and quantitative information in forms suitable for a business audience. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Facility with text-matching operations and regular expressions in Python, Java, or similar language
Ability to prototype code quickly, and work across languages
Familiarity with software engineering principles for production of robust code.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/work streams with minimal/little oversight. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet business needs.