The CIB Cross Border Program is responsible for developing formal and consistent Cross Border processes and controls across the CIB related to the Banks international activities. These processes need to ensure that activities are consistent with global requirements and minimum corporate standards, and in compliance with local law, rules and regulations. This is a Firmwide initiative which has a Wholesale component that entails establishing a Global Cross Border framework which includes a library of country specific rules, control processes, monitoring processes and technology solutions designed to identify and mitigate Cross Border risk in the distribution of products and services. These procedures will ensure that activities are consistent with global requirements and in compliance with local laws, rules and regulations.
The Cross Border Program team work within an exciting and busy environment managing ever- changing regulations and controls in order to facilitate correct monitoring, review and reporting of CIB Cross Border activities. This work is combined with the ongoing education of CIB Front office employees of the Cross Border activity rules in conjunction with the team’s Legal and Compliance partners and the relevant LOB’s Business Control Officers.
A dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced Program Manager is required to lead the many projects both related to systemic enhancements and operational process projects that are defined within the strategic roadmap to ensure both systems and procedures adhere and cope with these complex and complicated requirements. The Program manager will need to manage these initiatives to ensure the end to end requirements are delivered correctly and on time. Management and negotiation will be required to ensure Cross Border systemic enhancements are prioritised appropriately within the Technology teams to facilitate the successful delivery of the defined roadmap which will enhance controls, improve reporting and boost the user experience whilst maintaining adherence to ongoing and changing Cross Border regulations. This person will also lead the delivery and implementation of other change programs which impact Cross Border team ensuring impact is assessed and any change is communicated and implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Program Management of multiple systemic and operational projects within the CIB Cross Border Project and Technology workstream
- Define and maintain the governance arrangements and project structure for these projects
- Ensure all initiatives are planned appropriately by effective identification of actions, dependencies, time constraints and milestones. Correct and appropriate allocation of execution owners and effective planning of these resource requirements.
- Timely identification and appropriate evaluation of Risks and Issues with correct remedial action and planning to resolve allowing program’s success. Drive progress through effective escalation to stakeholders of these.
- Initiate extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise, as needed
- Ensure Stakeholder’s are identified and their requirements for communication and engagement are identified and met. Provide the correct level of stakeholder management to ensure program is not distracted by individual needs
- Provide timely, consistent and accurate reporting of the status of the initiatives within the Project & Tech workstream to Stakeholders, other LOB’s and Corporate
- Ensure effective quality assurance and integrity within the programme. Ensure standards and consistency of the programme work is high within the internal team whilst ensuring coherence with Tech and Operation partners and maintaining good interfaces with other inter-dependent programmes
- Lead the personnel within the project team ensuring tasks are delegated responsibly, performance is managed correctly and the team is motivated effectively
- Be aware of key business objectives, and ensure these are applied appropriately to all business activities
- Supporting and presenting when required to the CIB Cross Border Steering Committee.
- Assist with the review and approval process for Accomplishments through previous year, Comparison of deliverables against other LOBs, Determine baseline success criteria for completion of Cross Border activity and Define remaining scope of work
- Involvement in other key global, strategic initiatives, as directed
Strong Program Management skills with the experience to manage and lead a global Program XLOB and functional Unit
Experience in Financial Services, Operational Risk Management, Control Oversight and/or similar role
Demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing and with the ability to adapt style to suit the audience.
Demonstrate ability to work across functions with project sponsors and working collaboratively to balance the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
Creative and innovative problem solver, with the ability to independently assess a wide variety of tasks
Effective leadership skills with the ability to command respect and create a sense of community amongst member of project teams
Strong interpersonal skills allowing effective working relationships to be built with team members, Tech staff, Stakeholders etc.
Strong influencing and negotiation skills allowing Cross Border team requirements to be heard and acted upon
Comprehensive understanding of Risk and Controls
Strong presentation skills including generating presentations and effectively communicating to senior management
Knowledge of CIB products (Markets, Banking, Investor Services) –preferable
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.