JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
End User Services (EUS) delivers measurable business value by providing core desktop technology solutions that meet business demand while realizing cost efficiencies. EUS works with our Line of Business partners to develop standardized, resilient operating environments and implement a global technology strategy for the firm's 200,000+ workstations and 40,000+ remote access users. We oversee important tasks, including: incident management, user management, security access and controls, work order management, media management, application and business data recovery, and disaster recovery.
As an Infrastructure Engineer within the Mobile Engineering team, you will be responsible for the architecture and delivery of various mobile platform solutions deployed across JP Morgan Chase firm wide. The team is globally distributed and responsible for a number of services including:
- BlackBerry Dynamics mobile platform, including Exchange, Lync, Browser and Document Services
- Corporate Airwatch solution that provides device management functionality for corporate iPhones/iPads, Android devices, Branch eATM devices and other managed mobile services.
- SeeTest – mobile test automation tool
You will also work alongside colleagues within the ITRISK, Legal, Compliance, Cyber Security and HR departments, therefore your breadth of skills will also need to encompass various regulatory and compliance requirements concerning mobile globally.
There will be opportunities to expand the portfolio to include other GTI offerings, such as voice and video, alongside LOB applications such as Salesforce.
The team places a heavy emphasis on automation and, as such, you will have excellent skills in PowerShell and/or VB to reduce operational load as much as possible.
This particular role focuses on the integration of mobile platforms with core services such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013), Lync (2010/2013), SharePoint (2010/2013), Active Directory and other Microsoft-based functionality. You should have expert skills, backed up with experience, in these products.
You will have excellent architectural skills, preferably from a Tier 1 Investment Bank/ Enterprise background, and be able to translate business requirements into technical architectures with a focus on security and resiliency. Time management and reporting progress to the Engineering Manager will key, as such familiarity with any tools such as MS Project, JIRA, GANNT etc. will be useful.
- Mobile Device Management/ Mobile Application Management software such as Airwatch, BlackBerry, Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft Collaboration software; Office 365, Exchange 2010/2013, SharePoint 2010/2013, Lync 2010/2013 and Active Directory (Expert)
- SQL (Expert)
- Windows Engineering skills; understanding of resource utilisation, performance analysis, monitoring tools, VM resiliency options (Expert)
- Automation and scripting; PowerShell and VB (Expert)
- Networking: Integration with corporate network services such as Bluecoat and NetScaler. Mutual client authentication. Strong understanding of certificates/ authentication and security at the perimeter layer (BlackBerry)
- Security: Security scanning concepts, threat assessment, PKI integration (BlackBerry)
- Mobile Operating systems; iOS, Android, Windows (BlackBerry)
Demonstrable experience in the following is also required:
- Delivering enterprise technologies to end user communities in large-scale enterprise environments.
- Excellent communication skills both oral, written and presentation ability.
- Ability to coach and transfer knowledge to key stakeholders.
- Must be professionally assertive and have the ability to drive business urgency, business impacts and have the ability to drive business priorities.
- Must have excellent work ethic, ability to work under stress.
- Extremely strong analytical skills, creative problem solving and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, communication & teamwork, thorough in Quality Analysis.
- Positive attitude and strong client-focus, ability to work flexible hours when required
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.