The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
· Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
· Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
· Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
· Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
· Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The Agile Process Coach leads the transformation of large, complex projects and teams to achieve agile or accelerated delivery. This is accomplished through coaching, inspiring and instilling in our business and technology teams a culture of transparency, continuous improvement, and a passionate focus on frequent and rapid delivery of highest business value solutions. The coach leads the assessment of transformation opportunities, drives full business engagement and cross-functional team build-out, and provides training and active mentoring on Agile techniques and skills – primarily process-oriented but also engineering-related where required.
The coach is an expert in agile techniques and excels at organizational change management through influence and facilitation. The ideal candidate demonstrates proven skills in leading multiple Agile teams through an entire project delivery. The person understands and has experience addressing complex enterprise organizational roadblocks to Agile transformation. This person is fluent in backlog management, Agile estimation techniques, typical Agile ceremonies and is comfortable working side by side with both the business and technical team members. This includes an understanding of test-driven development and continuous integration techniques as well as the typical forms of automation seen on high-performing Agile teams.
Location is US-centric (with NY/NJ as the home base), and travel may be required for a portion requiring work at key sites in NY, NJ with some international travel.
Success will be measured against the ability to transform – and sustain – large teams to the JPMC agile project delivery practice, while ensuring the implementation of a risk/audit compliant process. This is in addition to developing subject matter candidates within the organization to continue to foster adoption of agile project delivery.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
· Be an agent for meaningful change that benefits the business
· Provide leadership by example
· Provide day to day coaching and mentoring
· Offer ad-hoc consulting to cross-pollinate required skills and practices
Required Skills and Qualification
· Advanced client-facing presentation and facilitation skills, coaching and mentorship experience on several engagements or workshops
· Excellent overall people skills; proven track record in driving change through influence management
· Experience bridging the gap between process and technical strategy at all organizational levels
· Experience in measuring project success factors using metrics such as agile release plans, burndowns, velocity and business value
· Strong experience with development and delivery of course/workshop instruction based on Agile, iterative process, etc.
· Working knowledge with one or more of the tools such as Jira, TeamForge, ScrumWorks, VersionOne or Rally
· 10-15+ years of progressive experience in software development
· 5+ years as an Agile practitioner
· 3+ years Agile coaching
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Agile mindset towards everyday work
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.