CIB – Investor Services – Custody & Fund Services
Investment Information Services – Quant Modelling Product Development – Bangalore
About J.P. Morgan & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Investment Information Services (IIS) forms part of the Global Funds Services group. Our mission is to support our clients’ investment process by providing market leading services across the investment risk, return, analytics and compliance spectrum via an integrated data and information delivery strategy.
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Product Development: Developing/improving models for performance, investment insight, liquidity, social governance, compliance and other post-trade models for the IIS product. There may be some custom deliverables for high-profile and complex clients
- Visualization and Reporting: Developing/improving advanced/intuitive visualization integrating multiple post-trade analytics into client-friendly interface
- Model Governance: Familiarity with internal and regulatory guidelines on Model governance. Implementation of remediation; reviewing the process of data feeds from multiple upstream systems
- Client Support: Provide advanced client and operational solutions for explanation on data and associated analytical results
- Publishing and Thought leadership: Publish industry leading papers on newer investment trends such as Environment and Social governance and methodology to co-integrate them into investment and exposure reporting process
- Community: Assist with training of internal users and clients on investment analytics
The candidate will work very closely with IIS team in Australia, US and the UK. While most of the activities will be strategic build, there will be some support for the technology and operations staff in Bangalore.
Competencies - Skills and qualities needed
- Highly analytical bent of mind and quantitative skills; high level of proficiency in Java / C++ / Python programming;
- High performance computing
- Good exposure to developing on Hadoop-based platforms
- Close attention to detail and ability to work to very high standards
- Good communication and team skills in a multi-location set up
- Relevant experience in similar roles in investment analytics, Athena or related modelling platforms, Business intelligence libraries is a plus for junior members and essential for the lead position.
Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or mathematics background will be most suitable
Specific Product Knowledge – Required especially for leadership role
- Performance measurement, attribution and ex ante risk methodologies
- Equity and fixed income analytics
- Regulatory compliance reporting
- Exposure reporting including derivatives
- Knowledge of Pension funds, including asset-liability matching / Liability Driven Investing
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund strategies and instruments employed