JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace.
Consumer & Community Banking offers an intriguing array of career opportunities within its well-established business units and support functions. Consumer & Community Banking’s unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly-visible Oversight & Control organization. Oversight & Control’s primary focus is to ensure Consumer & Community Banking has a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner. The Oversight & Control Team collaborates with business partners, including Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, and Audit, to decrease Consumer & Community Banking’s exposure to financial loss, compliance issues, and/or reputational risk. Due to Oversight & Control’s unique position within Consumer & Community Banking, Control associates are primed to explore career paths that expand across the firm.
As Oversight & Control Program Manager for the Central Operations Control Team within Consumer and Community Bank, you will closely partner with the Control lead and peers to build a best-in-class Common Control Program for CCB. This individual will consistently engage with control partners across CCB to optimize operating principles, more effectively communicate and engage internally and externally, and will facilitate change management and demand management activities.
This individual is expected to be able to manage multiple timelines and requirements associated with the Common Control Program and other initiatives across LOBs and functions. You will consistently resolve conflicts and project issues to ensure efficiency and improvement in the CCB control operating model. You will partner closely with the Control lead and be required to engage with senior executives across LOBs and functions.
Responsible for planning and managing projects and diverse business initiatives in support of the Common Control Program strategies. Project types and duration will vary in response to business strategies and priorities.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work in a matrixed environment to conduct strategic analysis of control topics, formulate recommended courses of action, develop executive-level presentations and facilitate discussions with senior leaders.
· Establish a risk assessment process to identify sub-LOB applicability and guidance to document rationale for in/out scope activity
· Establish a governance framework to deliver consistent execution of the Common Control Program
· Drive standardized test scope and practices to drive consistency of testing execution across the Common Control framework
· Gather/analyze complex data, develop accurate conclusions and provide recommendations with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand Control implications.
· In partnership with other team members, provide end to end ownership and accountability for assigned tasks; receiving strategic direction on the desired end-state, translating that direction into a plan for action, and self-managing the completion of required tasks to achieve that end-state with minimal ongoing direction.
· Partner with peers and functional colleagues across the CCB Controls Organization to facilitate and support analysis and reporting projects, on tight deadlines and changing requirements.
· Review processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and assist in implementing new procedures when required.
· Ability to influence and manage without direct control hierarchy.
· Assist in the generation and/or publishing of recurring control reporting (i.e. scorecards, meeting decks, etc).
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.