CIB Finance & Business Management – Global Program Management – Project Manager – Vice President
LOB: Corporate & Investment Bank
Department: CIB Finance & Business Management Global Program Management
Location: London, UK
The CIB F&BM Program Management team is responsible for oversight of multiple projects within the Corporate Investment Bank impacting Finance & Business Management. The Cross-Functional Pillar of this team specifically manages a number of initiatives that impact the CIB across asset class and functions, typically:
Strategic and transformational programs
Large regulatory implementation programs
The work this global group covers is often a mixture of projects related to Operational and/or Financial processes across the broader CIB, typically associated with significant Technology implementations. Some examples of the initiatives that the group is currently covering are: EMEA / NA LE Strategy (including Recovery & Resolution and other regulatory commitments), MiFID / G20 Market Reform, Depositor Guarantee Scheme Directive, Individual Accountability Regime, Brexit Strategy, CIB IFRS9 (International Financial Reporting Standard).
This team is looking for a Vice President to support the broad program, project & process agendas of the CIB F&BM Global Program Management group.
One of they team’s priorities at the moment is to support the implementation of the Brexit Strategy initiative, a program impacting Markets, Investor Services and Banking cutting across multiple functions including Finance, Business Management, Operations & Technology, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Audit, etc.
The person hired for this program management would – as a first assignment in the team – manage the implementation of one or more of the Location readiness workstreams in the Brexit Strategy Implementation Program, partnering with the business lead to ensure delivery of that workstream. Additionally, they may also become involved on the wider management of the Brexit Strategy Implementation Program, and on other project and activities related to our overall Legal Entity Strategy implementation.
The project team is responsible for ensuring appropriate execution of all steps in the program / project life cycle including but not limited to the following:
- Support the development and rollout of large cross LOB initiatives, programs and projects, including stakeholder management, operating model development, communication, producing PWG/PCC packs, determining projects plans, delivery and risk /dependency management.
- Ensure proper governance is established and maintained around key projects and processes. Establish and facilitate forums for discussion of issues, progress, dependencies as and when needed, working in concert with the stream leads of the various programs
- Defining project scope, stakeholders, risks and issues
- Drafting project plan, ensure business requirements are put in place as required
- Manage communication of status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management (CFOs, Business Managers, Controllers, CAO, etc.) through presentations and reports used in different forums (Program Steering Committees, Key Program updates, EMEA Management Finance Forum, EMEA Control Heads, etc.)
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders in the different businesses our team supports (e.g., Banking, Investor Services, Markets) and functions (e.g., Finance, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Tax, Audit, etc.)
- Partner with stakeholders, providing guidance and analysis, helping identify, resolve and escalate issues/risks/dependencies and facilitating communication across teams
- Serve as ‘air traffic controller’ on initiative critical issues and act as key facilitator to ensure necessary decisions are made in a timely manner. Leverage appropriate SMEs and initiative owners to resolve challenges to project objectives
- Coordinate working group meetings, setting the agenda, preparing meeting materials, documenting minutes and ensuring clear ownership and progress of action items
- Maintain appropriate project management tools and process, according to our team’s minimum controls and process library.
The candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment. Additional qualifications:
- Significant finance industry experience, including considerable experience in program / project management
- Experience managing cross-functional or cross asset class projects
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Able to take initiative and drive projects to successful completion
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with different levels of seniority, including with senior people
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently and be self motivated
- Ability to quickly understand complex subject matter
- Ability to drive and execute under aggressive targets and effectively manage changes in plan
- Ability to critically challenge when warranted with the goal of resolving issues
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint; Microsoft Project desirable
- Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Bank businesses and high-level transaction flow desirable
- Finance and/or Accounting knowledge desirable