JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Office of Legal Obligations (OLO) is a firm wide, global initiative that brings together the expertise of Legal, Lines of Business, Oversight & Control, Compliance, Risk and other key control functions, to proactively manage regulatory changes and allow us to trace end-to-end connections between laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
We're looking for software engineers with expertise in machine learning and natural language processing to help us build the solutions of the future. We apply advanced ML techniques to help our Legal team work more effectively.
What are the problems we are trying to solve?
Our engineering teams work on several interesting challenges: improving information retrieval to move beyond keyword searches, figuring out how documents relate to each other and automatically determining what a document is about.
What impact will this person make?
You'll help us rapidly prototype, iterate and deliver products driven by machine learning to our business; build understanding of the use of ML techniques and technology across our engineering team; and keep us on the intersection of ML research and practical application.
As a ML Engineer you will:
- Build and deploy solutions to NLP problems including document classification, information retrieval and building a graph of related documents across the firm.
Support and guide other engineers and architects in learning about, applying and delivering capabilities driven by machine learning techniques.
Analyse large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms.
Help steer the direction of ML research and development across the team.
- Advanced Degree/Degree in Computer Science or other quantitative discipline
- Strong Python and Java experience (at least 3 years in both)
- A good knowledge of probability and statistics
- Excellent understanding of how to apply Machine Learning algorithms and Libraries, particularly relating to NLP problems.
- Hands on experience with at least one of the major Machine Learning libraries/frameworks (scikit-learn, Theano, Spark MLlib, H2O, TensorFlow or similar).
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Flexible thinker with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Working knowledge of semantic web technologies
- Experience with Natural Language Processing frameworks such as GATE, Apache UIMA or Stanford NLP