Description: As a SS III, you will help support the Merchant Services operation by monitoring call volumes, staffing levels and Senior Specialist phone activities to maintain optimal department performance. You will provide telephone support to Merchants and Clients and perform account analysis using various systems/applications, analytical and critical thinking skills, and a personalized level of service.
• Addresses Merchant and Client needs by following established protocols to resolve inquiries pertaining to interchange, funding, billing and the electronic payments industry as a whole
• Assists Merchants and Clients with accounts set up on varied front-end and back-end combinations, and varied vertical markets
• Provides internal support to Senior Specialist to address more complex situations pertaining to interchange analysis, statement analysis
• Interacts with Senior Specialist by performing live call observations and side by side sessions to develop and refine Senior Specialist skill levels, knowledge levels and job proficiency
• Properly addresses internal staff and external caller questions/inquiries and/or issues pertaining to any of the following: Statements Interchange Analysis Equipment, Interchange & Auxiliary Fee Billing Funding & Deposit Reconciliation Transactional Detail Review & Analysis Chargebacks Account Maintenance & Changes Additional Business Volume, Additional Outlets & Additional/New Equipment CPS Products & New Entitlement Setups New Merchant Applications & Interest in CPS Escalations & Complaints Senior Specialist Questions Complex issues of varied nature that outstretch the capacity of a Senior Specialist.
• Employs abstract and comprehensive critical thinking skills to gather all details necessary to properly assist internal and external customers, and ensure a positive service experience
• Effectively researches and analyzes request details and internal/external customer needs to administer the proper protocol(s) for thorough call handling and complete issue/request resolution
• Professionally communicates with callers using interpersonal skills that convey a sense of ownership, commitment to resolution, and industry knowledge and expertise that instills caller/merchant confidence in Chase Merchant Services ability to provide ongoing account support
• Consistently breaks down complex information into simplistic terms to enhance rep/caller understanding, for optimal call handling and issue/request resolution
• Technically dexterous with use of Microsoft Office applications, in addition to the company/departmental specific applications required to perform job functions
• Creates and builds merchant loyalty by delivering Chase Merchant Services servicing standards on every call
• Exhibits leadership qualities that promote a team oriented, professional and focused work environment, setting the example for Senior Specialist
• Properly assesses Senior Specialist performance levels to construct purposeful recurrent training sessions and solidly identify the necessary areas of focus, to bolster productivity
• Provides backup support to supervisory staff as needed
• Monitors the operation, including call volumes and Senior Specialist’ phone activities to ensure operational efficiency is maintained day to day
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma
• Minimum 3+ years of customer service experience
• Minimum 6 months of computer software systems experience including Microsoft Office and 6 months of experience in PeopleSoft
• Must be available to work flexible shifts and work schedules
• Minimal absenteeism and consistent punctuality
• Must be able to multi-task
• Flexible and easily adaptive to change
• Ability to provide professional and interpersonal communication when interacting with others
• Ability to quickly learn mass amounts of information, assimilate into regular practice immediately and retain long term
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.