The Currencies & Emerging Markets (CEM) EMEA Controllers team sits within the Investment Bank Finance and Business Management group. The function supports the EMEA trading team. The EMEA trading team market make in the following Emerging market across a broad range of Fixed Income products. The business also provide structured deals for clients, for example funded and unfunded TRS, leveraged CLNs, and medium to long term financing.
The Controller team is responsible for daily P&L, Risk, P&L signoff to the ledger and the associated control environments. The team is expected to provide control & advisory support to the business. You will be a main contact for queries about the business from stakeholders such as Traders, Audit, Financial Control, FVP, Market Risk, Operations and Business management. Role Description
You will be responsible for producing accurate and timely daily Risk and P&L for desks within the EMEA Emerging Markets business. You will partner with the business, Operations, Market Risk and Financial Control among others to ensure that the overall financial control environment from end to end is sound.
Key responsibilities may involve:
• Production of daily P&L and Risk. Substantiation through comparison to trader predicts, current risk and market moves. Obtaining trader sign off.
• Providing explanations of P&L and Risk to other stakeholders: Business managers, FVP, MIS, and Market Risk.
• Month End - Reconciliation of reported P&L to general ledger. Requesting GL adjustments for any variances. Review of reserve moves and other month end adjustments.
• Monitoring potential risks across the whole trade cycle, e.g. breaks between the risk management system and the ledger, nostros, and trade booking errors.
• Continuous improvement of the control environment.
• Support any new initiatives, for example new reporting systems or new products.
• Individuals will be expected to be familiar with business performance. In addition the individual will be expected to understand the responsibilities and dependencies of the user population and develop a high level of cross product knowledge.
The essential skills required for this position are:
Accounting and General Ledger experience preferable
Prior Emerging Markets experience is an advantage
Excellent PC skills- (Macro based excel skills is an advantage)
Effective communication skills
Strong control skills
Must be proactive and able to work independently
Good reconciliation skills
Bachelors Degree is required; Accounting or Finance a plus
Team player with a proven ability to manage daily processes and build relationships with business partners.