Two guiding principles set the overall objectives of this group:
- Establish appropriate and meaningful risk measures and controls in ALL areas of the bank; and
- Execute robust, enterprise-wide governance and oversight
The Oversight and Control Group’s primary function is to develop an effective Firmwide control framework, looking within and across the lines of business, to identify and remediate control issues with a sense of urgency. The Team will partner with all other control disciplines, adding an additional line of defence supporting Compliance, Risk and Audit, among others. The Team will work in partnership on the development of new, and oversight of existing, control functions and protocols throughout the Firm and will provide a centralized view of and from all control functions, assisting in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner, and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm. While ultimate responsibility for the effectiveness of the control environment rests with the LOB CEO’s and the Corporate Function Heads, the Oversight & Control Team will partner closely with the Audit and Risk Committees, the Operating Committee, and the Board of Directors of JP Morgan Chase, and all Lines of Business, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Technology as well as other groups within the Firm.
The candidate will provide Country leadership for O&C working closely with the O&C Business Control Officers in proactively identifying, anticipating, escalating and remediating control issues in APAC. The candidate will partner with senior country business leaders, Risk, Compliance, CAOs and other key location partners in meeting our collective goal to embed a strong and sustainable control framework and culture across the franchise.
- He/she will be responsible for oversight of the controls agenda in the country in line with the strategy set by the APAC Head of Oversight and Controls:
- Present a holistic, aggregated view of all aspects of the control environment at the country and legal entity level, rolling up existing and emerging control issues to governance and overseeing remediation
- Ensure issues are promptly escalated and addressed through appropriate governance and that remedial actions are fully embedded
- Independently assess and monitor the effectiveness of controls and promote continuous improvement in design and execution
- Provide a bridge across lines of business, corporate functions, risk, compliance and audit to form an end to end view on controls, identifying and assessing potential systemic control gaps and/or emerging risks
- Diagnose and benchmark capabilities and good control practices and ensure exporting of these practices across LOBs/geographies
- Provide insights into duplicative processes and redundancies in control procedures and drive consistent and common control processes across LOBs/geographies.
- Ensure country considerations contribute to and are factored into regional and global strategy
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.