Advice Lab – Analyst (Financial Planning concentration)
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in asset management, wealth management, investment banking, private equity, financial services for consumers, financial transaction processing, small business and commercial banking.
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality of advice, service, capabilities and products to individuals and families around the world. We deliver comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the depth and breadth of our products and solutions. Our business model focuses on developing deep, long-standing client relationships of trust.
Financial Planning is an integral part of wealth management at JPMC and is dedicated to providing clients and prospects across the wealth spectrum with differentiated advice to help them navigate their financial lives. Goals-Based Wealth Management (GBWM) is J.P. Morgan Private Bank’s proprietary financial planning approach.
The Analyst will work with J.P. Morgan Private Bank’s Wealth Strategists to help effectively and efficiently implement a Goals-Based Wealth Management (GBWM) approach with integrated team members (ITMs). The role includes providing customized financial planning analytics and advice to high net worth individual clients and prospects as well as related charitable entities, trusts and family operating and investment entities. Responsibilities would also include co-authoring thought leadership pieces distributed throughout the bank and to wealth management clients, prospects, and their advisors.
- Serve as a resource to New York-based and other regional Private Bank analysts on a daily basis by providing assistance with the bank’s most sophisticated wealth and financial planning models
- Provide custom financial planning analytics for and assist integrated teams with GBWM conversations
- Train ITMs on GBWM modeling best practices and capabilities
- Champion nationwide adoption of GBWM analytics
- Identify ways to improve the GBWM tool and proactively contribute to implementing those changes (testing, collecting feedback from users, etc.)
- Answer ad hoc financial planning related questions from Solutions and integrated team members to help address clients’ unique financial planning situations
- Create wealth transfer models based on complex estate planning through trusts, estate and philanthropic opportunities
- Serve as a resource around executive compensation, retirement planning, and business succession planning
- Understand and communicate the impact of a particular estate or gifting strategy to integrated team members and clients
- Supporting subject matter experts by developing analytical tools and conducting research for thought leadership pieces and presentations
1-2 work experience in the financial services industry preferred
Bachelor's degree required
A strong self-motivator who can work closely with business partners including members of the integrated team and partners in Solutions
A keen interest in financial planning
Proactive, accountable and detail oriented work ethic
Demonstrates a sense of urgency and comfortable multi-tasking
Excellent organizational skills, diligent with tracking and reporting
Ability to effectively transform both quantitative and qualitative information into a compelling presentation
Individual with high ethical standards who never sacrifices integrity and works in the clients’ best interest
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite