J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CIB Business Architecture and Re-engineering team is a dedicated team of change management resources focused on large scale initiatives to address Industry, Client, and Business requirements across the CIB CAO. The group provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are not tied to a specific business enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change across the firm.
Within the Business Architecture and Re-engineering, the Automation and Innovation team partners with x-functional teams across the CIB to drive programs that identify, test, and deploy new technologies and techniques to drive increased efficiency and scale, improve controls, and enhance the overall client experience. Key current projects include Process Automation (Robotics) and Workflow Channel Optimization (Data Analytics), with additional technologies and techniques (e.g. Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, etc.) constantly being evaluated for implementation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking an associate/ senior associate to join this team, based in London, with responsibility for driving the Workflow Channel Optimization program. The program involves close partnership with teams from across the bank to leverage powerful data analytics techniques to analyse unstructured data received by Operations teams across the CIB through channels such as emails, workflow tools (e.g., Operations Task Manage or OTM), instant messenger chats (e.g. Lync, Symphony) etc. to identify root-cause and find opportunities to eliminate, migrate, and/or automate the unstructured flow of information.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering key aspects of the analysis and implementation phases, including sourcing and analysing data, formulating hypotheses, partnering with data scientists, interviewing stakeholders to detail and understand root-cause, and work with x-functional teams to ensure delivery/ implementation of actions.
· Partnering with functions across J.P. Morgan globally to elicit data for analysis
· Analysing and organising large quantities of data to identify trends and areas of opportunity:
· Identifying gaps or anomalies in data for further analysis
· Summarising data analysis to support strategic recommendations, including tables, graphs, visual representation and commentary, for different levels of the organisation
· Partner with x-functional teams to deliver against key actions identified
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Prior experience in strategy consulting, financial service, operations or technology environment is highly preferred
· Expertise in data analysis and manipulation; familiarity with statistical modelling and analysis techniques is a plus
· Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is essential; familiarity with additional database and analytical tools (e.g., QlikView, Tableau, etc.) is a plus
· Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving, and decision-making
· Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
· Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and deliverables
· Ability to communicate clearly and confidently across multiple aspects of the organization and Senior Management/ stakeholders
· Strong influencing skills and able to partner with internal and external stakeholders
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.