J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The J.P. Morgan Advice Lab is an integral part of Wealth Management and is dedicated to developing leading-edge, world class intellectual capital and analytical tools to address unique client challenges for various client segments. Our advice is created and delivered by a multi-disciplinary team of specialists who develop wealth planning strategies, research, tools, and publications. The team currently focuses on Corporate Executive Advisory, Private Business Advisory, Tax Advisory, Estate Disposition Advisory, and Quantitative Research.
The Planning Tools & Analytics VP or ED, reporting directly to the Head of Planning Tools & Analytics will focus on wealth planning calculators, tools and models utilized across the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management platform globally. The individual will support the team in innovating and enhancing planning tools on different platforms, including web-based and mobile-based tools, with a strong focus on client and user experience. The individual will also have opportunity to work closely with clients and integrated team members to provide analytics in complex client situations and develop decision-making models. The individual will be exposed to all elements of the Wealth Management’s advisory process and will be expected to provide creative solutions to intellectually challenging problems.
- Innovate and build excel-based calculators and tools that can help inform wealth planning decision-making for clients across the wealth spectrum
- Manage, issue-spot, improve and transform existing calculators and tools with strong focus on user experience
- Develop wireframe models for application-based, web-based or mobile-based planning tools with a strong eye towards user experience
- Work closely with Wealth Management integrated team members in identifying demand for planning tools
- Bring awareness of planning tools to users, lead regular training sessions and provide continuing user support
- Perform research and author whitepapers that leverage the planning tools and enhance client dialogue
- Serve as a subject matter expert to explain analysis and make recommendations to clients
- Partner closely with other disciplines of Advice Lab to provide analytical support
- Partner with Marketing, Digital and Technology teams in development of wealth planning tools
- Partner with risk control partners including Legal, Compliance, Risk and Audit to ensure compliance with internal and industry regulations
- Support the firm’s Goals-Based Planning effort - a disciplined wealth management process that helps clients to articulate and prioritize their personal goals
6+ years of related experience and a degree in quantitative discipline such as accounting, finance, economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics or a related field
Proven experience in building excel-based calculators and models to inform decision-making, incorporating VBA, macros, add-ins etc. to enhance user experience and functionality
Experience in building or managing applications (internal, web-based and/or mobile-based) calculators and models with an eye towards seamless user experience
Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a firm grasp of wealth projection, decision-making and optimization techniques
Knowledge of and keen interest in investment portfolio allocation, wealth planning and estate planning
Must possess or have strong ability to become readily familiar with financial planning, retirement planning, charitable planning, tax planning, and estate planning strategies and solutions
Flexible and team-oriented with a focus on efficiency and process improvement
Strong written and verbal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
Must convey knowledge and credibility in front of integrated team members, clients and prospective clients