JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Senior, hands-on development manager who is passionate about technology and has experience developing high performance transaction or reporting systems with large databases and multi-tier architectures; knows how to build and motivate a talented and committed technology team
The firm is on a journey to transform the way we deliver technology, and to drive business value from our data. As such, the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) is looking for an experienced Project Manager for our Edison program. Edison is a scalable decision support system that utilizes Big Data technology, micro-service oriented architecture, and “inner sourcing” development model. It will store master reference data, support reporting, BI, deep learning, and data science and provide data governance.
Develop project plans and execution approaches for a number of initiatives that are defined by client requirements and specifications.
Work with other cross-functional managers to select a core team for each project, present a plan and gain approval from the business and IT leadership.
Monitor ongoing projects to evaluate progress and take action if any issues arise.
Work with QA Manager and testing team to ensure thorough testing of modules/applications/interfaces.
See projects to completion within terms of SLA and supervise accurate turnover to Operations staff.
Oversee performance management of assigned team, giving feedback, writing appraisals and approving development plans with senior team members.
What Education/Experience do I Need?
- You have at least 5 years of combined business, project management, team leadership and IT experience.
- You should have a college degree or equivalent specialized training also.
- Must possess experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse workgroups and demonstrate solid team management, leadership and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills; can handle immense amounts of work and tight deadlines; able to develop strong client relationships; confident when working with professional services firms.
CMM and Six Sigma methodologies and standards required along with Microsoft Project, Project Workbench and PMI required.
Competitive pay; excellent benefits; a performance-based incentive program; opportunity for company advancement.
Dynamic, no-nonsense business center.
- College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five years of combined business, project management, team leadership and IT experience required
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions (e.g. transaction management, risk management etc.) and industries
- Knowledge of CMM and Six Sigma Methodologies and Standards
- Knowledge and experience using project management software such as Microsoft Project, Project Workbench, PMI, etc.
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills
- Project Management Certification a plus
- Knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models, and working with professional services firms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V