J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Operational Risk Governance (“ORG”) is a function within Independent Risk Management responsible for developing the firmwide Operational Risk Management Framework (“ORMF”) and overseeing its implementation across Lines of Business (“LOBs”) and Corporate Functions. Within ORG, Corporate Operational Risk (“COR”) is responsible for the development and maintenance of the firmwide Operational Risk Governance Policy and associated standards. These standards direct and assist LOBs and Corporate Functions on how to manage and mitigate the operational risk inherent in their activities and improve understanding of the Firm's operational risk exposure.
Operational Risk Officers (“OROs”) independently challenge LOBs and Corporate Functions on their implementation of the ORMF and adherence to the Operational Risk Policy and associated standards. The Analyst / Associate role will be part of the team responsible for independent challenge and oversight of the execution of the ORMF for the Corporate Functions, which includes areas such as Finance, HR, Risk, Compliance, Chief Administration Office, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strengthening the operational risk environment of the firm and Corporate Functions using analytics, independent challenge, and your ideas
- Coordinate activities to ensure the effective execution and convergence of the ORMF elements including: Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA), operational loss data capture and reporting, Scenario Analysis and capital allocation, Risk Appetite, External Loss Data, Operational Risk Analytics (OpeRA) tool, and maintenance of strong governance and culture of transparency
- Proactive analysis of operational risks within the Corporate Functions
- Review and challenge Corporate Functions’ operational risks based on leveraging analytics and documented processes and procedures
- Understand the key processes and functions performed by the Corporate Functions
- Lead, or participate in, other operational risk initiatives across Corporate Functions and other business partners, as assigned