J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management (WM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) has increased and led to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. WM has established a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML, KYC, and Account Opening requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within JPMorgan and the industry.
The Client Onboarding Audit Support Officer will be part of the global Middle Office Operations team supporting all aspects of Client Onboarding to include the fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Client (KYC), and Account Opening requirements. The primary function of the Client Onboarding Audit Support Officer will be to perform independent sampling and testing to assess internal adherence to operational policies and procedures for the entire USPB Client Onboarding team. You will have responsibility for the ongoing risk assessment, control identification, management and development of the testing strategy and execution. You will partner with Client Onboarding and Quality Officers to understand and develop subject matter expertise knowledge of system and processes used in order to perform proper testing. Officers will be expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability, Documentation, and product or account opening procedural changes.
· A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and sense of urgency
· Very strong analytical and organizational skills and detail oriented
· Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
· Exercises independent judgment and decision making
· Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently with competing deadlines
· Must have a proven ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships with staff across business, technology and operations as well as across regions and LOBs
· Partner with the USPB onboarding teams to understand the end to end process (KYC Periodic Reviews and Account Opening)
· Support Client Onboarding Risk and Control Group on internal Audit and Compliance Reviews (pulling samples, providing responses, etc.)
· Define and execute sample testing to assess adherence to policy and procedures
· Complete assigned independent assessments to help ensure consistency and quality throughout the department
· Lead assigned projects and targeted testing reviews with a high degree of quality and accuracy
· Review data to identify key issues and trends and/or control gaps and drive and champion solutions
· Synthesize complex and/or diverse Client Onboarding information to “tell a story” in a digestible manner that effectively helps prioritize issues and aids in executive understanding
· Act as a subject matter expert and provide strategic guidance on required documents and process to onboard and/or renew client to PB platforms
· Ensure KYC information is accurate and will meet Quality Standards of clients’ KYC records
· Act as a subject matter resource on the KYC/AML policies and procedures
· Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues
· Have difficult discussions with employees and members of management in situations where testing may identify adverse findings
· Promote a positive, inclusive and diverse work environment
· BS/BA Degree - Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred or equivalent military experience
· 5+ years of experience with in a financial services, operational or risk / audit / compliance fields required
· Ability to adapt messaging and presentations to meet the needs of a variety of audiences including senior stakeholders and executive management is a must
· Must have high degree of Risk & Control awareness
· Previous experience in AML / KYC and/or Account Opening or work history in Audit, Risk or a control function is a plus
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are a must
· Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter
· Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups
· Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
· Ability to take the lead in unstructured situations and ensure an optimal client experience.
· Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
· Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
· Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
· Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization with a positive “can do” attitude
· Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines in order to meet deadlines
· May require FINRA Series 99
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.