The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
This role is within the Risk & Finance Technology division which is focused on building applications which support the
daily needs of risk managers and financial professionals inclusive of big-data processing stacks, data management tools,
calculators and financial reporting engines, etc.
We are looking for a hands-on application development lead who wants to be part of an exciting multi-year strategic
initiative to develop a next generation finance data warehouse and associated processing architecture. This individual
will be expected to partner with our business stakeholders and solution architect to define the technology architecture that
will meet the needs of our business users, and be responsible to lead the development team to execute on the vision and
drive continuous commercial value. The expectation is that we will leverage cutting edge technologies Hadoop, Spark,
Python, Scala, Impala, Sqoop, Tableau, etc., coupled with core Java capabilities to drive this next generation architecture.
The current finance architecture is shaped by bespoke data access for each function it supports coupled with a large
number of user tools to drive the processing required to meet the demands of internal and external reporting stakeholders.
JPMC is launching a multi-year initiative to invest in the industrialization of this process and seeking highly qualified
candidates to drive this change. Responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead a multi-year strategic initiative that delivers technical solutions which creates a global warehouse that would
consume, model and store finance data. Additionally technical solutions will be required for managing the data (data
management tools) and processing the data (transforms, validations, aggregations) and reporting/accessing the data
- Follow SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc and focus on
end to end quality of the delivery.
- Work collaboratively in a team with fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging business
- Be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support
partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business aligned solutions.
Basic Technical Qualifications
- Minimum 10+ years experience in building out enterprise level solutions in Financial Industry
- Strong big data skills – Spark, Hadoop, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie
- Strong application design skills
- Strong OO skills – Python, Java, Scala
- Strong database skills – Oracle, SQL, Stored Procedures
- Strong analytical and communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiar with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, LEAN, etc
- Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Git/Stash, etc
- Experience in end to end release of highly reliable applications including Design, development and testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Compute Science/Software Engineering (or related fields).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business system, analysis and development experience
- Logical and Physical design experience
- Minimum of one year of work experience as a architect in applications development
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.