Global Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) is a best-in-class, global HR Service Delivery organization of approximately 800 people, that services the entire global population of JPMC in 60 countries. HRSD provides vital services in the area of contact centre (accessHR), payroll, benefits administration, global data management (including records management and letters production), On/Off boarding employees, Workforce Analytics and Surveys, and HR Risk Management. Our efforts are focused on supporting the firm to achieve its strategic priorities by leveraging these core principles that define the group's culture and provide the basis for planning and decision-making in all areas: Superior Employee Experience; Operational Excellence; Efficient Global Coverage and Commitment to our People
The HRSD Country Manager is the location Subject Matter Expert (SME) with end-to-end responsibility for HR Operations for the location. The individual will ensure that the services delivered meet the needs for each location in an efficient, controlled, and cost effective manner. Furthermore, the manager will ensure that the team/individuals performing HR operational activities are properly skilled to fulfill their role.
The HRSD Country Manager will partner with the HRSD Team in the Mumbai Global Service Centre (GSC) in delivering the HRSD Products and Services for the location, ensuring that the regional processes are fully standardized and optimized, yet in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
The role reports directly to the Regional head of HRSD and Hong Kong Head of HR.
- Working with the Regional HRSD Management Team, define the optimum operating model for HR operation’s delivery aligning the global and regional priorities with local objectives
- Leverage the global platforms, products and services approaches into scalable, sustainable solutions for the local organization
• Operations Management
- Management of the team ensuring that objectives are clearly defined, performance regularly reviewed and development and career plans are created and executed
- Manage operations to ensure the smooth, timely and accurate delivery of HR Operations
- Monitor services delivered by the internal offshore team, ensuring they are delivered to agreed service levels.
- Complete end-to-end reviews of processes delivered by off-shored HRSD team and discuss both issues and opportunities to improve the service delivery
- Ensure that all operational processes are correctly documented (Standard Operating Procedures) and have built in control assessments to review their effectiveness.
- Act as the HRSD Subject Matter Expert for all Products and Services delivered in location
- Fiscal responsibility for HR Operations, compiling the annual budget and monitoring the month-to-month expenditure.
• Risk Management
- Identify, develop and maintain the controls required in HR Operations processes; perform checks to validate effectiveness of the controls; compile action plans for control gaps and complete ensuing remediation
- Complete root cause of analysis (RCA) of any issues identified; monitor resolution progress.
- Define, build and test resiliency approaches, plans and crisis plans for HRSD
- Ensure all operational processes are delivered in compliance with the Firm’s and local regulations and procedures.
- Develop thorough understanding of location legislative environment (especially payroll) in order to provide technical expertise and advice to the stakeholders, including HR.
- Ensure all external vendors are properly engaged, monitored and managed per the Firm’s Third Party Management Oversight (TPMO) requirements.
- Co-ordinate all internal & external audits.
- Ensure risk mindset embedded in all facets of HRSD service delivery
• Change Management
- Identify opportunities to improve operational execution, articulate the business requirement and implement the solution
- Drive Global / Regional initiatives within the region, ensuring local benefits are derived that align with the overall strategy.
- Create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills & Expertise
• Strong domain knowledge of operations, preferably finance or payroll.
• Excellent interpersonal, organization and communications (both verbal and written) skills
• Excellent Client Relationship skills; ability to identify, build and maintain successful relationships
• Strong risk and internal control mindset, and risk management experience
• Strong communications skills across all levels of the organizations
• Ability to influence outcomes and leverage a global network to achieve targeted outcomes
• Strong regulatory awareness, ensuring that the Firm is operating and reporting within requirements
• Strong process management mindset
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; solution orientated thinker who is able to perceive issues from a Client’s perspective
• Vendor management experience; including vendor selection, implementation and stewardship
• Strong project management experience; defining, managing and delivering simple and complex projects, working to tight deadlines with ability to resolve conflicting work priorities
• Self Starter; ability to resolve day-to-day issues without escalation
• At least ten years’ experience in HR operations management or managing complex operations
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree