J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in asset management, wealth management, investment banking, private equity, financial services for consumers, financial transaction processing, small business and commercial banking.
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality of advice, service, capabilities and products to individuals and families around the world. We deliver comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the depth and breadth of our products and solutions. Our business model focuses on developing deep, long-standing client relationships of trust.
With over $53 billion in total commitments since 2000, the Private Investments due diligence team is responsible for sourcing, evaluating and monitoring private investment funds across buyout, growth equity, real estate and private credit funds for inclusion in private client portfolios across the Global Wealth Management client franchise. Our twelve person due diligence team uses a disciplined, open architecture approach to source and select high quality private investment funds for inclusion in portfolios.
In addition, the team is responsible for our Vintage and Morgan Private Ventures investment programs. The Vintage series is the Private Bank’s $4.0 billion in commitments, discretionary, annual fund of funds and thematic investment private equity program. Morgan Private Ventures is our direct co-invest program aimed at the firm’s largest and most sophisticated private clients
This candidate will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and leading fund manager searches, due diligence and monitoring of new and existing private funds and co-investments.
- Participation in the management and allocation process for the Vintage Program, the Private Bank’s discretionary annual private investment vehicle.
- Assistance with the diligence of direct investment and co-investment opportunities for private bank clients.
- Mentoring and developing junior talent.
The key attributes for this candidate will include:
- Deep capital markets experience and strong analytical skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience navigating and interpreting private funds documentation.
- Strong presentation and communication skills to represent JPMorgan to fund managers, internal audiences and GWM clients.
Ideally the candidate will have:
- 10+ years of private fund due diligence experience or similar hands on investment experience.
- A professional focus on growth equity/ venture capital or private credit/ distressed PE a plus.
- CFA or MBA preferred.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses are required. If not currently licensed, will be required to obtain within first 120 days.