The Project Manager role is responsible for managing and coordinating projects across all JPMIS environments. In this role, you will work closely with JPMIS teams as well as LOB, Application and GTI teams across all infrastructure disciplines. You will be responsible for project related activities working with technology leaders across analysis, architecture, design, build, quality assurance, deployment and support teams, as well as with the client groups as required.
• Provide project leadership
• Cross-tower projects and programs that are high impact/high value to the organization
• Work with the architecture and design teams to formalize requirements into measurable deliverables
• Coordinate resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects
• Analyze project risks, issues, costs, and benefits and relevant recommendations to the business and technology leadership team
• Provide Clear Project Reporting
• Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture, and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
• Lead geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships across contributing teams, various LOB’s, senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors, and business clients
• Act as a communication channel for ongoing program management status and issues, and setting business expectations.
• Interact at high levels with clients and decision-makers both internally and externally.
• Proactively work with other Project Managers identifying and resolving issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of programs or projects.
• Ensure consistent use of firm-wide Tools, processes and Enterprise PMO best practices.
• 8+ years in IT Program/Project Management experience with strong leadership or management skills.
• String working knowledge of JPMC systems and Processes such as TPO, On-Boarding, PRIME, ITSM, KEON, PEREGRINE, CMDB, TAMS
• Experience and working knowledge of Technology Infrastructure systems and solutions including Networking, SAN, NAS, Backup (NBU/TSM), Windows, Unix, Linux, AIX, and Virtualization
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent judgment and decision making
• Ability to resolve conflict & facilitate decision-making
• Proven ability to make complex decisions based on experience, analysis and judgment.
• Flexible, process-oriented, organized, with excellent analytical & troubleshooting skills
• Formal project management training and PMP Certification required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
• Familiarity with Big Data Technology is preferred
• Practical large-scale implementation and operations experience supporting and implementing mission critical infrastructure and/or applications.
• Past infrastructure strategy and planning experience of large-scale environments and organizations.
• Strong quality assurance and process improvement experience - past operations policy and process development.
• Demonstrable expertise with functional requirements specification, complex project scoping, project management, and resource planning.
• Experience in managing customer interaction and vendor resources.
• Ability to work across teams to solve difficult, complex, and often politically charged issues.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area Required
• Graduate Degree preferred
• Experience in interaction with various levels of management.
• Ability to positively influence people at a variety of levels; both internally and externally.
• Ability to negotiate / mediate difficult, complex, and often politically charged issues.
• Strong quality assurance / process improvement experience.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.