JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan Chase’s (JPMC) Internal Audit Department, which is comprised of over 1,200 Auditors and Credit Reviewers globally, reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and is further accountable to the Chairman and CEO, senior management, and external regulators. Audit is an independent risk assessment function established within the organization to evaluate, test, and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management's system of internal control.
The Consumer Credit Review team within the JPMC Internal Audit Department is responsible for reviewing the credit process in retail lending portfolios at the firm. The team focuses on Consumer & Community Banking (Auto Finance, Business Banking, Card Services, and Mortgage Banking including Home Equity) and consumer-related portfolios within Asset & Wealth Management.
The Credit Review team performs reviews of JPMC retail loan portfolios that include an evaluation of the adequacy and accuracy of lending decisions, consistent application of risk policy and credit procedures, analysis of underwriting standards and practice, and determining through ongoing monitoring the overall assessment of asset quality. Furthermore, the team assesses whether sufficient controls are in place to mitigate credit risk to the firm.
This position is responsible for planning and executing periodic credit reviews. The Credit Review Officer will lead members of the Credit Review team in activities that analyze retail loan transactions and perform assessments of underwriting and portfolio management. Through these review activities, the team will independently opine on the adequacy of underwriting analysis, appropriateness of credit decisions, and effectiveness of the credit management process supporting credit quality. Between periodic reviews, the Credit Review Officer independently monitors credit risk trends within assigned retail lending portfolios, attends relevant meetings, and develops and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders responsible for credit approval and credit risk management. This position will report to a Credit Review Manager and is located in Columbus (OH).
· As a Reviewer-in-Charge, lead a team in reviews of retail loan portfolios with a subject matter expertise in small business. This includes chairing meetings associated with planning, project kick-off, presentation of findings, and formal closing. Duties include coordinating team assignments with the Credit Review Manager, defining project scope, designing appropriate test strategies to evaluate credit risk, communicating with business management, reviewing test results, identifying key issues and dimensioning the significance of those findings, report writing, and archiving all relevant documents.
· As team member, participate in reviews led by Credit Review team members. This includes analyzing the credit underwriting quality of individual transactions, recording test results and conclusions in a work paper database, and participating actively in all review meetings.
· Perform continuous monitoring of assigned product-based portfolios and participate in periodic portfolio review meetings.
· Serve as an information resource on Business Banking credit risk and policy.
· Ensure consistent application of firm wide risk policy, credit procedures, and Credit Review policies and procedures.
· Complete special projects and research as assigned by the Credit Review Manager.
· Experienced credit professional with a minimum of 10 years retail credit experience, preferably with a background in business banking credit underwriting and credit risk management.
· Established and successful leader of people and projects.
· Knowledge of small business underwriting principles.
· Previous Credit Review experience is preferred, but not necessary.
· Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline.
· Demonstrated understanding of retail credit principles, financial analysis, and strong analytical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management.
· Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective in a dynamic fast-paced environment and willing to take personal risk, demonstrates responsibility, and accountability.
· Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, with a high sense of urgency.
· Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues, and encourages participation.
· Flexibility to travel as required (less than 10%).
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.