JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Shared Service Metrics team is a utility process in support of the Banking Operations (BO) and Client Services (CS), and associated LOB management in the business of gathering /collecting, consolidating, analyzing /validating data that is required to produce daily LOB scorecards and weekly/monthly and ad hoc reporting to senior management in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with business SLAs and best practice.
The candidate will be supporting BO and/or CS and its organizational components located globally (WHEM, Asia and EMEA) providing Management Information analysis and reporting in a 24 x 5 environment. He/she will have a direct reporting line into an Assistant Vice President or Process Manager and will be directly responsible for the day to day operations, including daily data access/control and report generation across assigned BO or Client Services Lines of Business. He/she will be responsible for understanding the key metrics and risk components within each LOB and help manage the team to meet the reporting goals and objectives put forth by these LOBs, while partnering globally with the regions to implement technical change and process efficiencies, insuring the escalation of issues to the next level as required.
Roles & Responsibilities
Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or ad hoc data gathering, consolidation, analysis and reporting utilizing various data sources and global applications. Ensure reports are prepared on a timely basis with the highest level of quality through the use of automated reporting tools and processes.
Identify, develop, and drive implementation of process improvement initiatives and automation projects in assigned workstreams.
Analyze trends, workflow, procedures and processes to make appropriate recommendations to management.
Actively identify best practices and ensure that these are shared with the rest of the team and documented as part of standard operating procedures.
Can spearhead and drive internal add-value initiatives and team-wide process efficiency improvements.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 3 years or more in a role handling metrics reporting (financial institution preferred)
- 1 to 2 years work experience in a supervisory or junior leadership role, with familiarity in scorecard/metrics, MIS reporting or similar quantitative work experience.
- Flexible to be assigned to other shifts or work on holidays as needed / extended working hours on high volume days, if required
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Advanced technical skills of desktop tools (i.e., Microsoft Access/Excel/Power Point/ Project) and other applications (i.e., PeopleSoft, WEBI, DataMart, Business Objects);
- Advanced knowledge in Visual Basic (VBA) that would facilitate in automation of scorecard and reports. Able to troubleshoot and debug errors in the VBA environment.
- SQL knowledge is a plus. Able to create and modify SQL reports (SQL Server 2008+ & Oracle Databases)
- Able to communicate effectively to an audience including all levels of LOB leadership. Writes appropriately and clear thought process.
- Demonstrates initiative, is responsive, communicative, and inquisitive. Strong process-oriented problem solving and analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Results oriented. Able to deliver timely, accurate, thorough, and high quality work
- Client focused with good relationship-building, time management and communication skills. Strong problem-solving, planning, and decision making skills.
- Candidate should exhibit the ability to work effectively in a team environment and can cope with a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to change
Hours of Work / Shift Timings in Manila?
Metrics Team works on a 24x5 environment. Candidate must be able to work in a shift/region he is assigned in. The team will parallel business hours and holidays of assigned region.