The Corporate & Investment Bank (“CIB“) Operational Risk Oversight (“ORO”) team is responsible for independently assessing, reviewing and overseeing the management of Operational Risk by Lines of Business (“LOB”) and Functional Groups within the CIB.
The successful candidate will join a small team of risk professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience who collectively ensure that the Firm’s Operational Risk Management Framework is implemented and functions effectively within CIB Markets.
CIB ORO team responsibilities:
• Independently evaluate and challenge implementation of the firm’s Operational Risk Management Framework (“ORMF”)
• Facilitate Scenario Analysis to stress the control environment under simulated conditions, drive accurate capital allocations and inputs
• Interface with regulators in respect of Operational Risk matters
• Promote cross-LOB/Function consistency and adoption of best practices
• Instil strong culture of Operational Risk management and operational excellence, maintaining close interaction with the business to continually improve Operational Risk processes and business operating models supporting safe business growth and informing risk-based decision making
• Work closely with the controls organisation to ensure Operational Risk standards are communicated, understood and applied - review adherence to firm’s ORMF, governance, standards, policies across LOBs, functions, legal entities and countries
• Stay abreast of industry news and regulatory developments to facilitate proactive risk identification and mitigation. Review root cause analysis on internal operational risk events and maintain vigilance on external operational / market events
The successful candidate will lead the CIB EMEA Markets team covering Sales and Trading, liaising directly with Senior Business and Control Leads while becoming familiar with the firm’s Operational Risk Management Framework and internal control processes. The candidate will participate regularly in Control Governance and critical Risk initiatives to provide credible challenge, and will be responsible for leading key projects and reviews. The role will work closely with other Risk Management Groups and key control functions including Compliance, Audit and Oversight and Control.
Markets businesses and support functions (Equity, Macro, Spread, Sales)
ORO colleagues in CIB globally
Business Control Officers (1st Line of Defense)
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be a motivated and experienced professional seeking the opportunity to join a rapidly developing Operational Risk function within the broader CIB Risk team.
Ideal candidate will have:
previous experience in eTrading and JPM Markets front office (or a functional team supporting a Markets business) and with an established senior network
strong understanding of CIB Markets businesses (Spread, Macro, Equities)
high-level understanding of downstream systems and processes (Middle Office, Back Office)
Candidates should have strong risk and control mind-set, excellent operational, management, and coordination skills, as well a desire to help build a robust, flexible, sustainable structure.
Applicants should possess excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
Prior experience in Electronic Trading is a plus. Theoretical and practical knowledge of Operational Risk Management is an advantage but not essential.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.