You will perform necessary credit and collateral analysis, due diligence, preparation of approval memo’s and review of loan documents for new transactions. You will be a contributing member of the deal team, making recommendations on appropriate credit structures and managing complex transactions to completion. You will have client contact and will lead the diligence process with the client and will coordinate with 3rd party diligence providers. You will be recognized for strong credit knowledge, policy expertise and analytical abilities. Additionally, you will develop as an Asset Based Lending (ABL) product resource for other Commercial Bank business units and may serve as a mentor to underwriters and credit analysts.
The objectives for the ABL Underwriter are:
1. Quality Underwriting: Support the revenue and fee income goals of ABL by leading the underwriting of transactions consistent with the ABL strategy for new deals.
· Demonstrate leadership on deal teams and in credit meetings by developing a concise understanding of the transaction, appropriate structure and communicating a valid credit perspective.
· Demonstrate accuracy in risk rating including loss given default and forward looking risk assessment
· Demonstrate technical competency in credit, risk assessment, collateral analysis, structuring, pricing & profitability and the approval/syndication process including up-to-date knowledge of industry limits, conflicts and credit policy.
· Underwriting goal to be evaluated qualitatively though feedback from Marketing and Credit Executives, an assessment of the quality of credit analyses and risk ratings, ability to lead due diligence teams and timeliness in completion of tasks.
2. Operate Efficiently: Reduce the cost of the underwriting process and strive to shorten the timeline from deal assignment to deal decision through improved efficiency by:
· Communicating efficiently and effectively (and early in the deal process) to elevate credit issues.
· Deliver timely responses/decisions/completion of underwriting tasks.
· Track individual deal expenses for reimbursement and be cost effective in personal expenses.
· Leverage resources and work to reduce bureaucracy and redundant efforts.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities (required training, annual performance appraisals, interim appraisals and goals) by required dates
3. Build/Maintain Quality Partnerships with originations, client management, field exam, special credits, commercial banking and IB partners, syndications, external diligence providers and others involved in the underwriting process, as evaluated by the Underwriting Manager and Credit Executives with feedback from partners. Ongoing objective.
· Support the larger ABL and Chase objectives by participating in town hall meetings, department meetings, completing surveys and participating on project teams as applicable.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.