The global focus on anti-money laundering and KYC is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. CIB is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in the KYC due diligence process. This is a green-field opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practises within JP Morgan and the industry. Candidates with sales/client experience will gain valuable risk and regulatory experience.
- Undertake quality review of clients’ KYC records
- Manage and facilitate client due diligence
- Serve as point of contact for KYC and reporting issues for designated clients
- Act as a KYC and AML subject matter resource for KYC due diligence teams
- Act as a subject matter resource on the KYC/AML policies and procedures
- Participate in annual AML discussions with clients
- Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues
The Case Lead role comprises three major components:
The Case Lead will drive KYC completion by facing off to senior sales as a peer and trusted business partner. The vision for the role is that the Case Lead gains the confidence of the front office as the SME for that client’s KYC profile. Our goal is that the case lead be so valuable to the front office that he is invited to client meetings to run the KYC aspects of the relationship. This is a developmental step and we are not their yet but it is the desired end state. The Case Lead will be a strong relationship/engagement manager, initially with internal clients and ultimately with external ones as well.
The successful candidate will either have a solid working knowledge of KYC or the aptitude to learn relatively quickly. Even more so, the candidate will understand the holistic approach to KYC risk. This is not about filling out templates or crossing off items on a checklist – it’s about developing a fundamental understanding of our clients, the business they transact, the types of products that will support their businesses, and their expected revenue inflows and outflows.
And in order to be on top of 20 or 30 or 40 cases at a time, to proactively drive them to a successful conclusion, the Case Lead must act as a project manager. There will be many work streams to manage with multiple constituencies. There will be numerous competing priorities, aggressive timetables and demanding customers to satisfy. The Case Lead is accountable for the KYC to be current, accurate and complete to the most recent standard and to stay out in front of the renewal cycle for all his cases. Strong project management will be key to success in the role.
We are looking for high performing individuals interested in a challenging new opportunity. The opening is available for high performing individuals who have deep experience and understanding in all or most of the following areas:
- CIB products and services
- Wholesale banking KYC and an SME understanding of due diligence
- A specialist understanding of clients and industries
- Navigation of the sales organisation
- Business cycles and cash flows
- Business and organisation structures
- Master’s degree or equivalent
And the following key skill sets:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with high pressure, time sensitive and deal breaking tasks
- Experienced and successful assessor of risk
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.