About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
As part of a global Emerging Markets (EM) Research team of around 50 people globally, our Latin America fixed income strategy group provides strategy analysis, trade ideas and market views to our trading teams and clients focusing on Latin America fixed income markets. We work with JPMorgan's EM fixed income trading businesses and sales groups in this effort.
• The Latin America FX Strategist is a key role within our team and you will be responsible for Latin America FX strategy analysis, trade idea generation and forming market views.
• Key areas of responsibility will include:
• High profile role, with interaction with key JPMorgan risk-takers and clients.
• Analysis of fundamental economic data and implications for EM fixed income markets and Latin America FX.
• Market and product knowledge across Latin America fixed income markets.
• Developing new analyses and trade ideas, from working with data, then drawing conclusions, to writing up and communicating them.
• Supporting and contributing to our regular publications on our strategy outlook, key recommendations and market technicals.
The role needs someone with an inquisitive mind, good quantitative background and ability to take analysis and projects to an investment conclusion. Candidates must have good economics and quantitative skills and / or training. Prior experience in a research environment is a necessity, and relevant candidates will have experience of FX strategy.
• Solid quantitative skills. Ability to work comfortably with financial data and products. A good workable knowledge of financial products, financial mathematics and econometrics (desirable).
• Economics knowledge: Masters level economics knowledge, with a focus on macroeconomics or econometrics.
• Markets knowledge: Familiarity with major Latin American markets, and understanding of FX valuation approaches.
• Technical skills: Good knowledge of excel or other data analysis programs and ability to learn new ones. Familiarity with Eviews, other statistical programming languages or VBA is desirable.
• Communication skills: Able to clearly and concisely communicate complicated ideas and to distill key points.
• Teamwork: Need to be able to work well with the team and more broadly outside it.
• Basic knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese is advantageous for the role.