About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
About CAO Operations
The Chief Administrative Office Operations team supports compliance, and manages and maintains reference data to ensure that our customers, employees, and lines of business are in adherence with firm standards and required regulations.
Our mission is to improve the quality of reference data used across the organization and provide compliance operational support across the firm’s global businesses and functions. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and J.P. Morgan. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, please explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan.
About Alert Operations & Client List Screening
Unified within one operational umbrella the Alert Operations and Client List Screening (CLS) team is the largest team within CAO Operations. Alert Operations and CLS provide vital first level support for the firm’s anti-money laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) programs and offer diversified opportunities to learn and thrive in a banking operations environment. The teams perform functions supporting Compliance and involving clients across all Lines of Business (LOBs) including Private Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking and Commercial Banking as well as monitoring of employees, vendors, related parties, and securities.
Functions include and are not limited to:
Evaluating J.P. Morgan client’s KYC files to develop a substantial understanding of the entity structure, business and risk profiles, expected activity and account history
Conducting real-time and ongoing screening of Negative Media, Politically Exposed Persons and/or Sanctions
Determining unusual account activity through transaction analysis and monitoring transactions flagged by Mantas or manual referrals
Reviewing potential reputational or transactional risks to the firm and escalating them to the LOBs and/or Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC)
Working in partnership with all LOBs, country MLROs and regional GFCC Investigations teams
Participating and leading initiatives on behalf of CAO Operations and the Singapore Corporate Centre
Join us and develop cross-functional compliance expertise at a global bank pioneering industry leading initiatives to counter money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions violations, bribery, corruption and other risks.
Operate in collaborative team environment, conducting both client screening or transaction monitoring as required and assigned by the team
Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment
Utilize cross-functional exposure for comprehensive reviews and decision making when disposing or escalating potential risks and function as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of AML/KYC
Identify opportunities for improvement and drive the implementation of initiatives and operational process changes with a focus on innovation
Strive to maintain individual and team throughput and quality targets and ensure work meet deadlines
Exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality
Follow and promote a strong controls mindset
- Minimum three years working experience in a professional environment
- Interest in Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, KYC/Due Diligence and/or investigations with Anti Money Laundering, Compliance or Regulatory experience a plus
- Keen sense of corporate awareness with an understanding of banking operations, business and corporate support structures
- Aptitude to understand different business models, product sets, and risk factors across the various lines of business including Private Banking and Investment Banking
- Research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze and summarize data
- Detailed, well organized, self starter, capable of working under minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines in high-pressure environment while maintaining quality output
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for report summarizations and escalations
- Strong interpersonal skills; results-oriented team player
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Asian language reading and writing skills (e.g. Chinese, Bahasa, Japanese or Korean) strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.