About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Research
J.P. Morgan’s award-winning Global Research provides clients with informed views and actionable ideas on economic indicators, markets, companies, and asset classes around the world.
In Europe, the Middle East and Africa, J.P. Morgan Cazenove, a wholly-owned part of J.P. Morgan, provides clients with comprehensive equity research.
Research is the foundation for everything we do for our clients. From up-to-the-minute original trade ideas, to longer-term thematic pieces that explain the financial markets in depth, our mission is to constantly offer new and original ways for investors to build value.
In terms of global breadth and depth, and comprehensive expertise across disciplines and asset classes, J.P. Morgan is one of the world’s most highly respected research franchises.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
We are looking for an Assistant / Associate level Equity Derivatives strategist for a position within a top ranked strategy team. The individual will be responsible for producing trade ideas, reports, and custom analyses while working directly with clients, sales and trading.
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will partner closely with various internal parties and provide up to date, industry leading research. Your days will be filled analyzing data and building models to assist clients from across the sector. You’ll be able to recognise critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modeling/valuation process.
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- complete models with an intense resolve so as to avoid missing any market or timing opportunities
- Building upon your base knowledge to formulate well thought-out hypotheses; proactively building out a network of information sources which you incorporate into your analysis
- Incorporate historical numbers and sensible logic-based projections into the models; decipher irregularities
- Clearly articulate compelling arguments (with the appropriate spin) via the written word and oral presentations
- communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type
- Contribute to furthering your franchise as a business by suggesting new approaches or ideas.
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Build foundation of trust with clients/internal parties by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience working within an investment bank
- Ability to complete a robust model (base and sensitivity cases) from start to finish with little guidance; mastery of the levers in the model.
- Ability to discuss in detail you understanding of the fundamentals/drivers (competitive landscape, risks) of your industry/product
- Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- English fluency is essential
- Japanese fluency is essential
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.