JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Currencies Technology supports the business goals of the Global FX business for all technology delivery, having direct application development responsibility for key business systems and an overall end-to-end remit for systems implementation across the Currencies business. The team consists of people based in London, Bournemouth, Houston, New York, Mumbai, Bangalore, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
The best-in-class technologist will be tasked with developing and leading the development of high fidelity and quality applications and sophisticated client interactions solutions for our corporate and investment banking clients. The technologist will ideally have experience in a financial services setting and have worked on applications targeting the ever more demanding needs of the sophisticated financial user.
· Work directly with middle/back office users & product team to gather requirements, and transform them into solutions and help build relationships with the end users
· Take a global lead role for post trade streams to strategies, execute & delivery of post trade agenda
· Experience with team management and ability to manage team of more than 6 developers on site.
· Provide technical leadership and architectural guidance for design and implementation of software system enhancements
Additional responsibilities highlighted here:
· Responsible for running agile scrum teams.
· Ability to solve complex problems and challenges
· Collaborate closely with the global team in order to deliver the wider agenda
· Strong ability to perform stake holder management & deal with diverse technology teams
· Be innovative and able to drive change agenda
· Identify off the shelf commercial and open source technologies for consideration as part of the designs and participate in the evaluation of such technologies.
· To provide guidance and mentoring to the build teams on an on-going basis and to act as a thought leader who can have a positive impact on how full-cycle software engineering is performed and drive the development efficiency
· To provide consultancy and be a sounding board for new ideas from the business and IT managers.
· Act as evaluator for 3rd party tools and systems that may be adopted (to attend vendor demos, etc, and provide technical commentary).
· Build strategic generic tech solutions that can be reused and leveraged across business areas.
· Possess framework mindset, in terms of building components/libraries that can be easily ported/integrated/upgraded with minimal effort by various applications.
Required Skills and qualifications
· 15+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on application development, demonstrated experience with applications development throughout the entire development lifecycle.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Experience with Java/J2EE with a deep understanding of the language and core API's, web services, multi-threaded/concurrent programming, XML, design patterns, Service Oriented Architecture.
· java related experience with
o REST/JSON/XML Web APIs Development experience.
o Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security
o JMS/IBM MQ
o Testing frameworks – Cucumber, Selenium, Junit. Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito
o Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins
o Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms including Apache Tomcat
o SQL & Database – Oracle
o Java performance tuning, debugging & Profiling Tools
o Operating Systems: Linux, Unix Solaris
o Code Repositories: SVN, GIT/Bitbucket
· Ability to work on multiple projects and manage many priorities.
· Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to absorb problems & present creative solutions within required timeframes.
· Must be able to demonstrate significant relevant work experience, or had experience of several major technology implementation projects.
· Demonstrated experience working with, and across, multiple teams in a global organization.
· Be self-driven, ability to work independently or with multiple teams.
· SOA based architecture and microservices
· Experience with latest Dev ops toolings/processes
· Oracle, Cassandra, hbase
· Big data technologies(Kafka, Spark, Storm, Hadoop, HDFS, Solr)
· Familiarity with UI technologies must(Jquery, ReactJS, Bootstrap etc)
· Scala, python
· Cloudera, or Horton works
· Scrum master certification
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.