About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan’s Prime Brokerage
J.P. Morgan’s new generation of Global Prime Brokerage meets clients’ evolving needs by offering dynamic solutions, a full product suite of services across multiple asset classes and the market-leading capabilities and financial strength of our entire firm. Whether clients need support in global execution, financing, clearing, portfolio management or expert guidance, we are committed to strategically partnering with our clients globally to help them build more effective businesses and unlock greater value for their investors.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help senior traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will assist the senior traders in managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you may support all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, research on index constituent changes, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal strategies for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information.
Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- Understand market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
- Ensure all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments; Provide a solution-based framework to business practice and clients; Take the initiative to make things better
- Cultivate an appreciation of balance between revenue generation and building a client franchise
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs and being responsive
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed
- Proactively share information, knowledge and ideas that help others succeed
- Independently resolve P&L reconciliation on issues
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile and which factors impact it; You should be able to resolve P&L reconciliation issues with little guidance
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to book trades and the implications of improper trade booking on P&L
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the direct costs of "doing business" along the transaction lifecycle;
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Experience working within an investment bank preferred but not essential, transferable skills will be considered.
- Japanese fluency is essential
- English fluency is essential