About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Who we are
The FinTech & In-Residence team is part of J.P. Morgan’s ecosystem of passionate engineers, product developers, designers, data scientists, and business people set on creating and building products that transform the way we and our clients do business.
We look after J.P. Morgan’s FinTech strategy and run our In-Residence program, which was created to identify and partner with leading emerging companies, investors, and thought leaders to foster innovation.
This is a fascinating time, as new client needs, technologies and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change. Reporting to the Head of In-Residence globally, you will:
Expand the In-Residence program to APAC and raise awareness by attending credible industry events and forums
Strategically analyze the FinTech market to identify, engage and manage a portfolio of external partners with emerging technology and capabilities
Internal Stakeholder Engagement
Partner with senior leaders in Markets, Banking and other functions to understand existing challenges and opportunities for FinTech support
Educate internal key stakeholders in the region on In-Residence program
FinTech Vetting, Onboarding, and Management
Build out and critically assess the end to end operations capable of onboarding a start-up from first meeting through to production in APAC
Project manage APAC In-Residence engagements, working with; technology, product, sourcing, business, strategic investments, compliance and operations to ensure successful migration from co-creation into production
Skills we are seeking
- Intellectually curious, see things differently, and questions the norm
- Passion for creative problem solving and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to rapidly understand emerging technologies and business models to draw connections to our businesses and clients’ needs
- Capacity to deconstruct business challenges into core needs which can be addressed by creative partnerships
- Capacity to filter a large number of external engagements into the most impactful opportunities
- Commercially-minded with a demonstrated ability to build and manage specific partnerships and bring them to fruition
- Strong communication/presentation skills (i.e. creating content) that can be consumed at all seniority levels with both internal and external audiences
Professional experiences (typically 7+ years) that will set you apart
- Successful track record of building and managing a network of partnerships within the financial services or FinTech industry
- Keen understanding of the FinTech sector and established relationships with start-ups, VCs, angel investors, incubators, accelerators and academia
- Experience with product development and/or business development, in particular within financial services
- Member of an Innovation/Partnership team within a large organization or experience at a startup a plus
- Knowledge of the Corporate and Investment Bank
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as distributed ledger, data science and cyber as well as exposure to design-based thinking
Send us your resume, LinkedIn profile, and/or twitter handle, as well as two to three interesting startups that caught your eye recently and why.