J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The JPMAM Institutional Strategy & Analytics (IS&A) group is a global group of professionals with backgrounds in asset management, insurance, actuarial science, sales and trading, and investment banking. The group provides asset allocation, capital management, risk management and other advisory services to insurance and pension clients and prospects on a global basis. We work closely with our colleagues within J.P. Morgan, including portfolio managers, analysts, economists, and others. The Strategy and Analytics team is seeking a new hire to join as a vice-president or executive director in London to focus on pension funds across the EMEA region. The role is ideal for a candidate who has a pensions background coupled with strong quantitative modeling skills, and an interest in client focused work and client interaction. The work will principally be focused on the key pension markets of the UK, Netherlands and the Nordics, but may include pension funds in other geographies as opportunities arise.
• Completion of client advisory assignments – Analysis for clients, including initial project scoping and interaction with clients, development of models to meet client needs, and incorporation of revisions/extensions as needed
• Management – This role will be very hands on, but the candidate should be comfortable managing analysts and associates to complete projects under tight deadlines
• Development of intellectual capital – Help Produce high quality research and analysis in response to industry needs and present research to clients or at conferences.
• Relevant experience in investment management, pensions advice, investment banking, financial services consulting, or similar fields
• Strong knowledge of asset classes that pension funds invest in (i.e., broad fixed income, real estate, equity, hedge funds, and private equity) including the risk/return, liquidity, and cash flow characteristics of these asset classes
• Articulate complex investment strategies/processes in a clear and concise manner and comfort in interacting with clients during meetings and over the phone
• Formulate appropriate and tractable mathematical/statistical models for our clients' investment/risk management needs, implement these models (using Matlab), and create output that is useful for presenting results to clients
• Undergraduate degree (graduate degree is preferred) in an analytical field such as mathematics, physics, computer science, economics, statistics, or engineering (or work experience that demonstrates the appropriate skills).
The successful candidate will possess several (though not necessarily all) of the following:
-Pensions experience (consulting or in-house), including work as an actuary or completion of some actuarial exa
-Understanding of the following as they relate to insurance asset management decisions around the world: Sound understanding of the principles of pension funding and valuation
-Regulatory requirements including funding and solvency regulations
-Pensions accounting, and in particular, drivers of income and surplus volatility
-Benefit structures, both guaranteed and conditional, and how these interact with investment decisions
-Background with linear and non-linear programs as applied to portfolio optimization and capital management (including the formulation of problems, development of constraints, and use of software to solve these problems)
-A demonstrable history of successfully managing people and projects
-Experience using Barclay’s Point and Bloomberg
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.