The Recovery process plays a key role in contributing to the profitability of Chase and directly impact our bottom line by retaining valued customers and minimizing credit losses resulting from Fraud.
Specialists investigate cases for recovery opportunities. These opportunities are achieved through charge backs, working directly with merchants, merchant banks and other departments within the company and reviewing account activity with cardholders to identify save opportunities. This involves following Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations in processing transactions. Analysts also assess validity of fraud claims by reviewing all pertinent information to the case and analyzing customer transaction patterns or history. They also establish contact with card members, merchants and third parties for challenge or re-bill opportunities.
Each team member is responsible for achieving team and individual performance standards such as efficiency, customer connections, policy and procedure adherence, error free rate and variance.
To consistently improve the Recovery function and increase recovery rate, analysts likewise, make recommendations to management with regard to fraud trends, workflow, and strategy revisions. Across Fraud processes, adaptability and flexibility is desired up-skilling or cross-process training might be required based on business requirements.
We have opportunities for Team Leader in our Fraud Claims Disputes group.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: The individual should be able to engage, organize and inspire others to achieve common goals.
1. Lead and motivate teams effectively: Must be able to manage,coordinate and direct the daily operations of overtime - eligible staff members while maintaining overall team productivity to meet department goals.
2. Excellent Communication skills: Communicates with clarity of thought and purpose. Should be able to effectively compose clear, concise, and crisp messages to a variety of audiences and is able to articulate difficult messages in an effective/positive way.
3. Managing difficult conversations: Drives positive outcomes even when the message is difficult to deliver & is able to face the facts in an objective, responsible and honest manner.
4. Creative and Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to be creative, pragmatic, and engaged in making decisions and taking actions to drive an improved environment for employees.
RESULTS AND EXECUTION: Commits to a course of action and follows through on behalf of people, customers and profitability
1. Sets high standards: Executes effective objectives that are challenging yet realistic. Sets and achieves goals that tie into broader functional/firm goals in a fast-paced changing environment.
2. Demonstrates fortitude to get things done: Is disciplined and organized. Is able to effectively prioritize and reprioritize own work. Acts with a sense of urgency, adjusts quickly to change and demonstrates the ability to delegate effectively.
3. Coaching Skills: Consistently provide feedback/coaching to their team members to help enhance their overall performance on all metrics. Spends time on a daily basis coaching through different mediums (1on1, Side-by-side, offline coaching)
4. Developing others: Is able to invest in the future of their team members by developing them and thereby helping create strong bench strength for the future of the organization.
CULTURE, VALUES AND PARTNERSHIP: Creates lifelong relationships and inspires trust while achieving goals
1. Treat all people right and with respect: Respects everyone’s unique voice and differences and is actively seeking out opportunities to attract, hire and leverage diversity on team.
2. Deal with ambiguity: Has the skill to lead others through change with professionalism. Manage crisis situations effectively and efficiently
3. Work across boundaries: Is able to network effectively with colleagues. Collaborate with others to achieve common goals
4. Influence without authority: Negotiate to win/win outcomes & Influence others to work collaboratively on common goals
5. Employee satisfaction: Focus on creating a winning environment where employees are motivated to deliver superior customer service results.
CRITICAL THINKING, RISK & CONTROL: Runs the business
with controls and risk discipline
1. Decision making skills: Has the ability to makes good decisions regarding employee issues and concerns. Provides advice & makes sound decisions based on a thorough assessment of the issues & outcomes.
2. Risk and Controls mindset: Wears the Risk and Controls hat to ensure employees know the policies and procedures that govern their work and duly adhere to it. Is able to identify key gaps/opportunities that could potentially pose as a threat/risk to our company and help remediate these issues effectively. Abides by all applicable regulatory requirements.
3. Do the right thing: Is able to maintain the highest standards of integrity by doing the right thing for our customers, our employees, our shareholders and all our partners.
4. Analytical skills: Manages by metrics and uses independent judgment to determine approvals related to complex business decisions. Demonstrates strong research skills and the ability to identify root cause issues and emerging patterns/trends within the business.
BUSINESS ACUMEN: Leads the business towards meeting organizational objectives.
1. Be a student of the business: Is looking for ways to evolve and learn about the overall business.
2. Positive impact on customer experience: Is able to effectively coach the team to consistently deliver superior customer service and continually make it easy for customers to do business with us.
3. Drive innovation and be bold: Generate ideas for continuous improvement and drive implementation of initiatives that promote productivity & quality
4. Manage Escalations and Complaints: Is able to effectively remediate escalations and complaints from customers and employees. Willing to help manage supervisor queues, when required.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
Minimum of 3 years of management experience strongly preferred (Internal or External)
Is willing to work in an environment that requires call center based customer interaction
High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Can work a flexible work schedule as work schedules vary and could include a schedule that includes working in the evening and on the weekends
Proficient with MS office suite
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.