Managing Director or Executive Director, Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries – Midwest Banking Group – Chicago, IL
Description: The position is a corporate banking Relationship Management role in the Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Midwest Banking Group, with a heavy emphasis on business development and market leadership. The primary functions are to 1) generate new business opportunities, 2) manage existing relationships, and 3) represent our Midwest banking practice in select U.S. markets.
The Midwest Banking Group is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries within the Commercial Bank and is responsible for managing relationships with public and private companies with revenues of $500 million and above. We advise clients and prospects as they seek to raise debt and equity capital in the public, private and syndicated bank market. In addition we advise clients on Interest Rate Risk Management and Global Treasury Solutions.
The Midwest Group focuses on companies located in Midwestern states (Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kentucky, Missouri and Iowa) that are users of investment banking products and traditional banking services, and generally have revenues larger than $500 million. Our business partners include Product Specialists from the Global Investment Bank (Syndications, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, etc), as well as Coverage Partners from Treasury Services & Private Banking.
This position requires an experienced relationship manager capable of driving business independently. The banker should have proven client relationship skills and an ability to call at the CEO/CFO level. Strong corporate finance, credit, and transaction execution skills are required. Corporate Banking and Investment Banking experience is preferred.
Specific responsibilities and required skills are listed below.
· Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities for a broad range of financial products and services
· Manage complex, multi-product client relationships as the primary relationship manager
· Coordinate the sales and service efforts of multiple internal business partners
· Proactively market clients and prospects; represent CCBSI’s Midwest group in the local banking and business communities and develop a network of referral sources
· Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring, negotiation, and documentation of credit requests
· Initiate and maintain strategic dialogue with clients and prospects to generate ongoing corporate finance, treasury services and credit opportunities
· Strictly comply with all regulatory and JMPC rules, policies, and procedures
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an outstanding Client/Relationship Manager selling corporate finance or commercial banking products and services
· Knowledge and experience in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking is preferred
· Strong leadership abilities in financial services sales and business development
· Solid credit, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communications abilities
· Knowledge of credit, corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, and other banking products; preferably with execution experience
· Self-motivated, dependable and intelligent
· Candidate must be a top individual contributor, with a strong performance track record
· Completion of a recognized bank credit training program or investment banking training program
· Possess (or obtain within three months of hire) FINRA Series 79 and 63 securities licenses
· MBA preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.