Corporate Sector - Risk Tech – Developer- Job Description – Associate – Bangalore
About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Credit Risk Capital Technology is responsible for calculating Risk Weighted Assets (RWA), which is an input into Regulatory Credit Capital calculation, for JPMC. RWA calculation is performed for Basel framework for Traditional Credit Products (TCPs), Repos, Margin Loans, Assets for Sale (AFS) Securities, Securitization, OTC Derivatives and Settlement Fails. Our current focus is on meeting Regulatory Demand under Basel III rules and improving operational efficiencies.
We are seeking developer to join the Credit Risk Capital – Basel team to work on the Capital Re-engineering program. This individual will be a part of the dynamic team of highly talented individuals and will create technical designs, will code and test these designs, and will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle. They should be fluent in technologies including Core Java, Spring, ORM tools, and associated Java development tools.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on Java application development work experience in a client server environment that demonstrates exceptional design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Good Exposure in Python
- Strong proficiency in design and implementation using distributed computing techniques geared towards a service oriented, high performance, and multi-threaded architecture
- Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles and design patterns (usage and pitfalls)
- Quality driven attitude; strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing
- Strong experience with Oracle, PL/SQL, and Unix shell scripting
- Working knowledge of open source frameworks, tools and technologies such as Spring, Drools and REST
- Strong Middleware technology experience
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
- Exposure and strong understanding of the difference between synchronous and asynchronous processing
- Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and a dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills; expert interpersonal skills; confidence to participate in planning sessions that outline IT solutions that reach business goals
- Aptitude to learn business knowledge and new technologies
- A “can do” attitude
- Credit Risk experience within an Investment Bank
- Experience with a J2EE/EJB Application Server (preferably WebLogic)
- Experience with JMS and Messaging Products (preferably WebSphere