Strategy Senior Associate
JPMorgan Chase provides strategic support to businesses and functions from two different divisions: ‘Core Strategy’ and ‘Strategy & Process Improvement’ (S&PI). Both divisions have approximately 6 teams, including both Corporate and line of business-aligned teams (AM, CCB, CB & CIB). The ‘Core Strategy’ teams focus on the strategic agenda of the firm and the lines of business, as well as on commercial evaluation and development of new businesses, products, and markets. In comparison, ‘S&PI’ partners with lines of business to improve their operating models, resulting in better processes, controls, and financial results.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Associate to join the Chase Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) Core Strategy group. The CCB lines of business include Branch, Online/Mobile, and Small Business Banking, Credit Card, Payments, Mortgage, Auto Finance, and Wealth Management. The group functions as an internal consulting group and works on a project basis, addressing topics at the top of senior management agendas and at the forefront of the industry. Projects span across the CCB lines of business. Projects include developing growth strategies, assessing and planning market entry, and cross-line of business initiatives. Projects are typically team-based and include heavy interaction and collaboration with lines of business and staff areas.
Our focused group of professionals is composed of top performers from top strategy consulting firms, other internal JPMorgan Chase groups, and top business schools.
The right candidate will work as part of small project teams in solving complex problems and implementation issues critical to the company. The position represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Be exposed to and influence the agendas of senior management
- Develop expertise in a variety of functions and businesses
- Be mentored and coached by experienced and talented managers on problem solving, analytical, communications and leadership skills
- Gain exposure to other roles and lines of business in the company
Areas of responsibility
- Structuring and building quantitative and qualitative/conceptual analyses
- Analyzing operational and financial data
- Performing competitor/industry research leveraging both public and non-public sources
- Identifying implications of data and analysis with the team
- Contributing to concise communication materials for senior management
- Working collaboratively with team members across LOBs and staff areas
- Participating in and independently conducting internal and external interviews with stakeholders
For prompt consideration please ensure you update the ‘current employer’ section of your profile in addition to attaching a resume.
4+ years of experience at a premier management consulting firm, at an internal consulting/corporate strategy team, or in an investment banking division (M&A, Coverage, Capital Markets, Equity Research)
- Excellent end-to-end generalist problem solving skills and ability to prioritize issues and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – ability to interact with colleagues at all levels and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- An outstanding ability to apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently, and work well in cross-functional teams
- A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
- Openness to an environment of active developmental feedback from peers and managers
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Financial Services, Financial Institutions Group (FIG), or FinTech experience preferred