Job Title – Legal Entity Controller (supervisor)
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
IM Finance fulfils the dual responsibility of providing both legal entity control and MIS within the Line of Business. The Legal Entity Control Group within IM Finance has the primary responsibility for ensuring financial integrity within all IM UK entities, maintaining adherence to regulatory requirements and ensuring a strong control environment exists, as it relates to all products and operational areas that affect the financial accounts.
The Legal Entity Controller will have responsibility for the financial integrity, analysis and reporting for one or more legal entities. There will also be the day to day supervision of two or more members of staff including responsibility for training and performance monitoring.
The applicant will have the following key responsibilities:
- Work with appropriate financial and operational groups to provide value added financial analysis (e.g. revenues, expenses, balance sheet, FX etc.) to management, including the Board of Directors where appropriate.
- Monthly review of the legal entity results to ensure all drivers of the income statement and balance sheet are understood and evidenced by production of a month end reporting package;
- Provide input into the monthly forecast process by providing accurate flash results prior to the month end;
- Calculate and record financial information within the SAP General Ledger in relation to key revenues, expenses and balance sheet accounts; Maintaining a strong control environment around the SAP GL and monthly close process;
- Monitoring and oversight of monthly balance sheet and capital hedging process;
- Dealing with 3rd party transfer agent business and working with JPMAM Operations teams in the monitoring and oversight of the transfer agent
- Production of statutory accounts together with appropriate working papers to a high degree of accuracy and timeliness;
- Dealing with external auditors and JPMAM colleagues from a range of functions (internal audit, tax, compliance etc) on a regular basis;
- Produce consolidation packs for legal entities to facilitate the statutory consolidation process.
- Manage and mentor team including training and performance review.
- Liaise with the regulatory team on regulatory returns in preparation for senior management review prior to submission to the FCA.
- Balance sheet reconciliation - responsibility for ensuring all accounts are fully reconciled and reported both to the IM Control Group and to EMEA Control.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent organisational skills.
Strong PC skills (Excel and Word).
Strong team player.
Good understanding of the workings of a complex ledger
Ability to carry out complex tasks under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
Understanding of general ledger control and performance of financial reconciliations required;
Understanding of statutory accounts prep and audit file preparation required.
JPMorgan offers a highly competitive compensation package and an exceptional benefits program, which can include pension, private medical care, life assurance and a range of flexible benefits, dental, child care vouchers, travel insurance, etc.