Internal Audit Department
The Internal Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with an independent assessment of JPMorgan Chase's (‘JPMC’) control environment. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (‘LOBs’) and their support functions to achieve its mission through the execution of a comprehensive audit program designed to test the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate the risks inherent in each business. The department is respected throughout the firm for the calibre of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. Globally, Internal Audit has in excess of 1000 Auditors.
Role Description and Key Responsibilities
We are looking for an auditor (Senior Associate/VP) within the Equities audit team based in London who will be responsible for executing audits across the EMEA Equities business. The role provides the opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of Equities business, as well as working with stakeholders and audit colleagues in developing a strong control environment. The position will be within the Equities team, however, the individual will have the opportunity to work on projects related to other Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) businesses as required.
The individual must be an experienced professional who possesses good project management skills, strong relationship management capabilities and is knowledgeable of the operational and control risks which exist in Investment Banking businesses in general.
The person will be expected to:
• Be a motivated individual who can implement an audit program of coverage which involves effective risk assessment and design of a risk based coverage approach
• Plan, execute and document audits with limited supervision and to a high standard in accordance with department and professional standards
• Perform detailed test work efficiently within defined targets as part of an audit team
• Partner with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment. Analyze risks and proactively identify the root-cause of issues with a view to providing recommendations for improvement where weaknesses are identified
• Complete work efficiently, in a risk focused manner within designated timeframes, with the ability to multi-task
• Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment
• Participate actively as a member of the Global Equities audit team, disseminating best practices globally as well as regionally
• Communicate audit results and issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing
• Identify and follow up on specific audit issues and ensure appropriate involvement with significant development efforts or projects
• Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders and colleagues, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value
• Education to degree standard (or equivalent)
• Recognized Accounting qualification desirable although not essential
• Experience of auditing Markets businesses (preferably Equity products) within CIB
• Good technical knowledge of IB products in general, with exposure to derivative products desirable
• Ability to learn quickly and good understanding of internal control and risk concepts
• Strong execution skills, ability to work independently with limited supervision and multi-task.
• Good excel/access skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner
• Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure
• Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability