• The purpose of the job is to support the JPMorgan Private Banking Mortgage business. The position will be responsible for the managing the administration and the maintenance of Private Banking Mortgage and exposures in line with Mortgage Credit policy. The functions performed by this team are critical to protecting the bank from potential Mortgage losses. Individuals may work directly with Mortgage Advisory, Bankers, Vendors, internal/external partners throughout the Mortgage Origination cycle supported functions to perform the following key functions:
• Income & Credit Analysis
• Balance & Financial Statement Analysis
• Collateral Review
• Credit Approvals from appropriate authority level
• Develop credit information with Mortgage Advisory
• Exception Tracking & Escalation Coordination
• Data Report Generation & Analysis
• Ensures supervision and oversight on credit reviews & decisions involving Income, Credit, KYC, Collateral, Balance Sheet & Financial Statement analysis.
• Ensure all process level SLAs with regards to Productivity, Accuracy, Turn Times, Staffing, etc. are met & improved on consistent basis.
• Partner with multiple stakeholders across mortgage operations to ensure turnaround of underwriting reviews within timelines and adherence to all credit policies & regulations impacting Underwriting.
• Ensure compliance to Private Banking credit policy and Fair lending Regulations (ECOA, HMDA, TRID guidelines, etc.)
• Collaborate across functions to drive continuous process improvement agenda through technical enhancements, removal of wastages & non value adds in the process.
• Ensures all credit risk recommendations and mitigations are implemented.
• Perform periodic risk and controls analysis with the team for process risk valuation and closure of action items within timelines.
• Supervision & performance management of underwriting team including hiring & continuous talent management.
• Responsible for maintaining critical Underwriting Production & KPI reporting, e.g. UW Pipeline report, Regulation B reports etc. to ensure efficient workflow management.
KEY COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL FOR THE JOB
• Leadership - Leads by example and is an effective role model (e.g. takes the lead and actions reflect an appropriate level of independence; demonstrates the ability to initiate and effect change and continuous improvement, contributes significantly to the on-going development of people.
• Thinking Strategically - Be able to drive positive changes, promote ownership and demonstrate "My business Mentality".
• Manages Relationships through inclusivity and is able to actively manage stake holders and demonstrate collaborative team work.
• Communication - Is organized, clear and confident in written and oral communications. Actively engages in discussions offering expertise, opinions, advice and is able to communicate incisively at all levels
• People management: Manages his teams through active engagement and develops key talent. Must be able to flex his/ her style to get the best out of the people
• Teamwork - Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility (e.g. effectively influences others to gain cooperation and address issues; initiates and is responsive to requests from other products, regions, etc.)
• Should be creative and innovative; challenges status quo; generates strategic advice/product/client solutions
• Have a track record of formulating innovative ideas and gaining buy-in from senior management in addition to a track record of execution/delivery/process improvement/leadership in a challenging environment
• Post Graduate degree in Finance or Accounting
• MBA (Finance), CPA/CFA degree is preferred
• Experience on manual underwriting on jumbo loans is preferred
• 4+ years of people management experience & client service delivery
• Expertise in Mortgage Underwriting concepts
• Proficiency in analysis of Financial Documents. Eg. Balance Sheet, Personal Financial Statements, Income Documents etc.
• Working knowledge of major US Mortgage Regulations
• Strong MS Excel Skills
• Experience in MIS generation, distribution and data analysis & knowledge quality tools
• Must have had exposure to production management, work allocation, prioritization, exception handling, and process documentation
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.