JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Summary of Functions:
Unit provide domestic and multicurrency funds clearing service to internal and external customers of the eleven (11) EMEA and two (2) other JPMorgan Chase branches, including the processing of payment instructions in agreed currencies, the receipt of funds for credit to customers’ accounts and the support of enquiries relating to those transactions.
Unit supports the following EMEA locations: Amsterdam; Brussels; Dublin; Madrid; Milan; Paris; Zurich; Johannesburg; Frankfurt and JPMorgan Europe Ltd plus Toronto and Mexico.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
CORE PROCESSING SUPERVISION
· Repair & verification for both electronic & manual payments & receipts via Funds Transfer System (FTS) & iPay/Dovetail for the eleven (11) EMEA branches plus two (2) other branches, ensuring items are actioned in consonance with currency and branch cut-offs
· Funds Control (GFC) for both electronic & manual payments & receipts via Funds Transfer System (FTS)
· Branch-specific tasks such as Receivable Processing System (RPS), preparation of accounting entries, creation of SWIFT messages and movement of funds between nostros
· UTE Queue Monitoring, PRPC Investigations and Nostro Reconciliation
· EOD for the eleven (11) EMEA branches plus two (2) other branches as current rota provides
· Prepares shift schedules and queue allocation for the team
· Prepares Team Metrics – service, quality and productivity monthly scorecards and team statistics
· Prepares Monthly Capacity Planning subject to the manager’s review
· Acts as primary mediator between the donor location, the immediate team, and teams from other locations and work streams, and is ultimately responsible for cascade of all information impacting the unit.
· Plans training programs for new joiners to team, ensuring no degradation of existing work quality. Responsible for managing the growth and further cross-training of his/her subordinates.
· Leads process improvements, enforcing new process controls, or introducing process innovations, inclusive of general team housekeeping re maintenance of order and compliance to company regulations.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and act on own initiative
· Ability to maintain quality during time of increased pressure and within cut-off/deadline-based constraints
· Risk-focused mindset with strong escalation skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work as part of a team and contribute towards overall Multi Currency Account Services / Treasury Services goals
· Good communication skills (both written and oral), client relationship and communication skills
· Strong, client-focused mindset
· Previous Team Leader Role or equivalent, capable of handling teams of 2 people or more
· Previous banking experience within an operational environment exposed to different payment systems
· Experience in banking i.e. Cash Operations, especially SWIFT Processing
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.