The Data Science Strategy Associate to be based in London will play a key role in designing, strategizing, and executing the data driven initiatives across the Corporate and Investment Bank at JP Morgan through providing support for strategic partnership, AI/DS/ML industry research, and internal CIB Data Analytics team operations. The ideal candidate will be able to think about the “big picture” strategy and it’s relation to the industry (strategy) but also have the ability to turn ideas to reality by defining, managing, building and launching of green field projects leveraging data analytics technologies & problem solving skills.
From ideation to execution; and from stakeholder engagement to measurable KPI tracking, the data science strategy associate is an integral part of CIB Data Analytics, he/she is expected to possess but not limited to the following core competencies:
· Strategy and innovation: proven record with developing greenfield strategy’s with c-level through to analyst level business stakeholders
· Strong interest in AI/Data Science domain: genuine interest in the field of data science, analytics, ML, AI. Willingness to continue to learn and grow in the space within the financial sector and technology community in large
· Turn strategy into reality: innovate in new product development with a big data/data analytics
· Quantitative background: strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, engineering and/or computer science. Translating quantitative models to real products. Ideally have trained machine learning models and familiar with the data science workflow; otherwise at least must have working knowledge of mechanics of modelling.
· Technical/Business acumen: Demonstrate ability to marry technical and business knowledge to drive strategy and product definition. Business experience ideally experience within the Global Research business or Financial Services.
· Communication: Experience with communicating both high level strategy and low level project updates to all levels (c-level to end user; business to technical) stakeholders both verbally and on paper with clarity of thought and logic.
· Metrics driven: defining and measuring success at all levels and stages of a product launch. Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing risks / issues, and taking corrective action as necessary
· Embrace “Fail fast” approach: Comfortable with “fail fast” approach with ability to learn quickly and iterate
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Strategic partnership – Strategize and execute data science strategic partnerships with universities and other industry partners
· Industry research – Identify and keep up-to-date with ML/AI/DS trends relevant to JPMorgan CIB through constant learning and research
· Internal Operations – As part of a fast growing team, serve as an agile player in areas of team’s operational needs including: Periodic stakeholder presentations on Data Analytics strategy, Special projects for CIB Data Analytics Management team
Skills & Experience
· Strong interest and awareness of innovation & technology ecosystem
· Excellent problem solving skills and strategic thinking skills
· Expertise in MS Excel & Powerpoint is a must
· Strong presentation skills with ability to help craft a story with senior management
· Extensive Investment Banking or strategy consulting experience preferred
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
· Experience in data science, technical product management is a plus but not necessary
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.