The aim of the role is to build alignment between the client's technology agenda and Investor Services (IS) Technology to ensure that all technology deliverables are managed successfully. The role transcends both the onboarding of complex client relationships and the Technology Relationship Manager aspect of CTM.
The Client Technology Management (CTM) group is focused on providing dedicated, client technology guidance and support as part of the end-to-end sales cycle; from pre-sales to due diligence, through to client on-boarding and on-going client support. CTM works closely with our Sales and Risk Management, Client Services, Operations, Product and Risk Management teams to ensure that the technical components of our clients are understood and executed flawlessly across IS.
The specific responsibilities for this opening are:
- Onboarding of complex client relationships – these are typically I-MOS or integrations that have numerous complex reporting deliverables. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for end to end representation and ownership of technology for new complex client onboardings. This covers project delivery, connectivity, interfacing and consulting to ascertain and deliver the client requirements whilst maintaining complicity with the Investor Services Strategic technology agenda. There will at times be a requirement to take on more standard client onboarding projects as the CTM team needs to operate dynamically to cater for spikes in activity in standard vs complex onboarding activity.
- From time to time the role will require engagement on strategic program delivery projects. This will be in a capacity as IS Technology representation for client engagement and may need coordination across the broader CTM team.
- Engagement and ownership/delivery of CTM driven programs to automate, improve efficiency and deliver on ‘kill the tail”/Legacy migration initiatives. Examples include documenting and where applicable, remediating non standard processes.
Due to the nature of the role, workload may vary due to the cycle of business activity and complex deal wins. As a result, there will be a requirement for the candidate to be flexible enough to take on Technology Relationship Management responsibilities when capacity permits. These include:
- Maintaining client satisfaction through timely technology deliverables and oversight of day to day production for our key top tier Clients. The candidate may be assigned a number of client relationships for which the candidate will oversee the overall technology deliverables from Investor Services and partner with Technology internally and with the client as well as relevant business units to ensure seamless delivery and a positive client experience of J.P. Morgan Technology. The candidate will set up and lead Technology oversight meetings with the client where technology deliverables against pre agreed SLAs will be reviewed on a monthly basis. The candidate will also represent J.P. Morgan Technology in broader oversight meetings where all J.P. Morgan cross product and operational deliverables are reviewed at a senior level.
- Delivering upgrades of J.P. Morgan applications, ensuring we are competitive in our technology offering and be able to project manage new client requests from inception to implementation.
The candidate will be working in a team environment where flexibility and creativity are key: Our clients are constantly pushing the boundaries with their technology requirements. Based on client experience and interaction the candidate will be expected to identify technology areas for improvement to help improve client delivery and help drive these through with senior technology management.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate an aptitude in the sales arena and from time to time participate in Sales meetings with prospective clients and represent IS Technology.
- Strong Client Management and Presentation skills (oral and written) required
- Able to engage and drive through change with a "virtual team" of partners in operations and technology
- Ability to deliver results in a pressurized environment, with the ability to prioritize varied client demands
- Displaying a broad interest in applicable technologies
- Demonstrate self motivation and adaptability to understand and manage client expectations within a changing environment
- Demonstrate proactivity in getting issues and problems resolved
- Experience of working directly with clients
- Experience of leading client facing meetings and workshops
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience in multiple business and technical processes
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies and tools
- Strong knowledge of applicable business areas, the supporting technology architecture, and applicable processes
- Strong knowledge of relevant applications and development of life cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of business and technology trends
- Experience overseeing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Strong influencing/negotiation skills
When you work at JPMorgan Chase
& Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an
integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology
hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy
everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and
mobilesolutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity,
machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in
technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will
not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value
the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology
organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth
and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.
If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team
tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all
around the world, we want to meet you.